Chapter 91

"Happy Mother's Day!" Several voices shouted and I was drawn from my slumber to see Ashton, Ender, and Gracie standing next to my bed.

Ender was holding a tray in his hands with what looked to be breakfast on it, while Gracie had several present bags in her hands, Ashton videoing with his phone.

"Aw." I smiled, pulling back my hair as I sat up. "This is so sweet thank you."

Ender set the tray on the bed and then climbed up to sit next to me while Gracie set down the presents and climbed into my lap.

There was a noise downstairs that sounded like the front door opening.

"We're up here!" Ashton called and a few moments later Ann walked into the room holding a present bag of her own.

"Hi." I smiled at her.

"Hello. Happy Mothers Day." She grinned, taking in the scene before her.

"Happy Mothers Day to you too."

She hugged Ashton then came over to take a seat on the edge of the bed so she could say hello to Gracie and Ender.

"Okay, let's pass out the presents Gracie." Ashton said and told her who to give the presents to.

Ann and I both ended up with three presents each from the kids but I had the extra one from Ann as well.

"Grandma open your presents!" Gracie grinned, giggling away like the adorable child she was and Ann leaned in to kiss her nose before opening her first gift which was apparently from Ender because he was smiling widely.

"That ones from me." Ender said and Ann smiled at him before opening the bag and pulling out a box, opening it to find a silver bracelet, the design being of flowered leaves with little diamonds on the petals.

"Oh my, this is so pretty, thank you!" Ann pulled Ender into a hug.

"I picked it out and everything." He continued to grin.

"Well it is lovely, here why don't you help me put it on."

Ender helped Ann put on the bracelet and I sent a smile up to Ashton who was taking photos.

Next was Gracie's present to which Ann pulled out a drawing from the bag that Gracie had drawn of her.

"Oh this is so beautiful, thank you Gracie." Ann hugged Gracie who smiled up at her and then kissed her cheek. "I'm going to hang it up as soon as I get home."

After that she opened mine and Ashton's present which was a massage gift certificate.

"This is so nice, thank you." She hugged me.

"Of course."

"Okay Car it's time to open your gifts." Ashton said and I went to open my first one which was from Ann.

Reaching into the bag I pulled out a circular wooden sign that had 'Irwin House Established 2015' in scrolling font painted on it.

"Oh this is so cute! Ash look!" I turned around the sign so he could see.

"We can hang it up above the door." He smiled.

"I love it, thank you so much." I hugged Ann who hugged me back tightly and then moved on to the present bag from Gracie.

I smiled when I pulled out a picture frame, inside a photo of me and Gracie.

"Aw this is so pretty, thank you love." I hugged Gracie and kissed her cheek.

Ender nudged the bag for me from him and I opened the large bag to pull out a soft grey blanket.