Chapter 10

The next morning I woke up to silence which scared me. Normally I could hear seagulls squawking or waves crashing but since my window was boarded up I heard nothing at all.

I turned on my bedside lamp and got dressed in my typical tee and shorts attire. Ender was probably still asleep and had enough pain meds in him to knock him out for a while but I was still quiet, he was a light sleeper.

Before leaving my room I looked at my alarm clock and it read 10:27 A.M. So Ashton would be here in maybe 30 minutes.

I made my way downstairs and opened the fridge, grabbing the egg carton and milk. In 10 minutes I had two plates with eggs, bacon, toast and glasses of milk set on a tray.

Very carefully I brought it upstairs and into Enders room where he was knocked out. His head was tilted back on the pillow and his mouth was open as little snores escaped. I had always thought his snores were the cutest thing.

I set the tray down on the bed and went to go wake him up.

"En. Bro. Time to wake up." I shook him lightly and he stirred and whimpered.

"I have breakfast." I added and one eye creaked open and he groaned.

"Arm hurt?" I asked and he barely nodded.

"Eat something and then you can take some more medicine." I advertised and he opened the other eye.

I helped him sit up and set the plate on his lap while I sat across from him on the bed.

"So how would you feel about Luke, Michael, and Calum coming over to watch you today?" I raised an eyebrow and he immediately perked up.

"Really? What for?" He said excitedly.

"Ash and I are going to the parade today and you need to stay here and get some rest so Ashton called the guys and they are coming over to hang out and make sure you're all taken care of." I took a bite of eggs.

"I wanted to go to the parade." He frowned.

I took a sip of milk before speaking. "And I want you to go but you need to rest your arm. The faster it heals the faster you can get back out again. Okay?"

He nodded and took a bite out of his bacon.

A noise downstairs caused Ender to get wide eyed but I didn't worry.

Four voices were now heard downstairs and I smiled as I felt my heart begin to beat a little faster.

"Up here." I called and moments later four tall teens walked through the bedroom door.

"Sup mate. How ya feeling?" Michael asked as he walked over to the bedside.

"Good! I think it's already healing!" Ender faked and I made eye contact with the guys, rolling my eyes.

Ender was trying to act tough for the guys and I found it funny yet endearing that he had someone to be a boy with and say "manly" things to.

"Morning." Ashton came up behind me where I was sat backwards on the edge of the bed and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Morning." I leaned my head all the way back and Ashton leaned down to give me a kiss but I turned my face to the side so he got my cheek.

"Hey." He pouted and I chuckled.

"I just ate, let me brush my teeth first."

"I don't care." Ashton waved away my explanation.

"I do." I stuck my tongue out at him and he giggled.