Chapter 52

My back fell flat against the mattress, chest heaving up and down as I attempted to regain my breath.

"Jesus, Carter." Ashton panted next to me, also trying to catch his breath. "Are you sure you've never done this before?"

At this I let out a laugh and turned on my side so I could look at him, him doing the same.

"Yes I'm sure." I gave him a cheeky little smile and he connected his lips to mine perfectly.

I snuggled up into him and one of his hands began to gently play with some strands of my hair.

"So I hate to be the kill joy of the group, but what time do we have to leave?" I asked.

"Checkout is at noon." He said.

"What time is it now?"

"9:30."

I hummed at this and breathed in his scent one more time before making myself get up.

Still naked, I quickly fled to the bathroom and started the shower to hopefully get the sex smell off of me before we had to go back to Ender and Gracie.

After I showered, Ashton took his turn to wash off and went back in the bedroom while I stood at the counter fixing my hair and face.

He came back in with just the towel around his waist and shaving kit in hand, taking the sink on the other end of the counter.

In just my bra and underwear I went to change into white shorts and a black tee while Ashton finished in the bathroom and came back to get dressed and ordered us room service.

I was in the bedroom packing our suitcases when there was a knock on our door.

"Car, breakfast is here!" Ashton called to me.

"Okay!" I said cheerfully back and zipped up his bag before joining him in the living room where there was a rolling cart with several plates filled with pancakes, eggs, bacon, fruit, and a fresh pot of coffee since ours had gotten cold.

"Wow, this is nice." I commented and helped him move the plates to the coffee table so we could eat.

Every time my hand flashed in front of my eyes I saw the glint of the promise ring on my finger and would get a rush of excited feelings run through me.

Once we had eaten our fill, I finished packing up my bag and then we had time to kill until noon.

I walked out into the living room where Ashton was sat on the sofa, his arm stretched across part of the back as he played on his phone.

Every time I would look at him I could feel my cheeks blush with the thoughts of what we had done and said last night running through my head.

I took a seat on the opposite end of the couch and he looked up at me, setting his phone down on the table behind him.

"Hey, come here." He motioned with his hand and I scooted down the cushions until he was able to use his hands to pull me into his lap.

"I don't want our special date to end." I whined as I thumped my head lightly against his collarbone.

"Aw, babe." He giggled at me.

"It was perfect." I sighed happily and he began to rub at my arm.

"I couldn't agree with you more." He said.

"So do you think Gracie did okay?" I asked him.

"I'm sure she did fine." He kissed my ear. "That little girl is strong, just like you."