Chapter 13

I was unable to sleep the entire night, I just kept tossing and turning under the blankets.

My thoughts were focused on Ashton and the mistake I felt I had made. Ari was right, more right than I wanted to give her credit for. Ashton and I would not be able to pull off long distance in such an early stage of our "relationship", if you could even call it that.

Ashton was insistant on the phone that this was not just a fling to him and I wanted to believe him so badly, but the voice in the back of my head that I wished I could shut up was screaming that something was not right. That something was array in the little happy bubble he and I had built in the last few weeks, but I couldn't tell if it was actually something wrong or my thoughts that were the issue.

By 4 a.m., that came quicker than I wanted, my eyes were dragging and I knew if I didn't get at least an hour of sleep, I would be the most irritable person today.

The moment my eyes closed for the last time my body instantly relaxed and I let myself gladly be carried away into slumber.

Shrill ringing in my ear resulted in me scrambling up and grabbing the phone and slamming it to my ear, croaking out a hello.

"Doll?" Ari's voice flooded into my ears and I outwardly cringed. Not now, I didn't need this now.

"Yes?" I rubbed away at my eyes.

"I couldn't sleep at all last night after our conversation...I think I let you leave with the wrong impression." She sounded anxious. "What I meant to tell you was that, I still think you and Ashton need to think this relationship through and get to know each other better, but you don't have to call it quits or anything. I was too quick to judge him and i'm sorry. It's just that this is your first relationship and I can tell you're serious about him and it's so early but I always say every relationship is different and I need to take my own advice. I don't want you to get hurt, doll."

I let a moment of silence pass, my breath bated from shock of her words.

"I didn't sleep at all either, I kept thinking of how I wanted to end this and what a mistake I had made. Thank you for telling me that, I really needed your call." I smiled softly.

"Of course, and i'm so sorry I made you feel like you had to break up with him, that was never my intention. But I still want to have that double date if you two are up for it." I could hear her silently praying for me to say yes.

"Of course, i'll tell him today." I smiled and she squealed excitedly.

"Yay! Okay well i'm going to take a nap now but I love you and i'll talk to you later."

I told her bye and hung up, now fully awake.

It was pointless to go back to sleep and then time said 9:00.

A dull thud downstairs made me roll over and groan at my aching muscles before changing into some clothes and fixing my hair into a ponytail.

I then went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

When I reached the top of the stairs I heard quiet talking but not one voice, two.

One was unmistakably Ender's and the other belonged to none other than Ashton.

My feet bounded down the steps and I felt my pulse quicken when I saw his face.

Ashton stood leaning against the counter, his wind blown curls making a sandy brown nest on his head and his hazel eyes gleamed brighter when his eyes met mine.

I passed into the kitchen and he smiled at me and my knees threatened to give out from under me.

"Morning." I smiled and leaned down to kiss Ender on the cheek. "Oh crap, I forgot my phone upstairs would you mind getting it for me End?" I asked sweetly.