CHAPTER 27✓

PAULA'S POV:

I gladly walked out of his office after he yelled. Well I don't give a f**k if he is angry or not at least I got what I needed . I quickly walked back to my office to call Lewis Letting him know that I had received the money so he could pick me from here .

In 30mintues, Lewis had arrived so I quickly packed up informing Sarah that I had to leave . The minute I came out of the building I quickly run into Lewis's arm happily as he hugged me back tightly .

"Dude ...am choking to death !" I said whiles he was squeezing me in his arm before he let go.

"Oh OMG!!! I just couldn't believe when you told me I got the money _"

"I know , at some point I was having some doubt I will get it but now that we have let's hurry up so they can start the surgery ". I said opening the car as I sat inside driving off the hospital.

The moment we arrived we quickly ran to Mom's room to see her before we make payment but to my surprise when we entered the bed was empty.

"Umm.....mom..??" I said nervously in fear .

"Maybe she's in the ......washroom" Lewis said stuttering in fear too but trying to be strong smiling a bit.

"Yeah...she might ......be there "

I slowly opened the washroom door in fear but instantly I panicked when the washroom was empty as I took slowly took small steps back .

"She's.... she's....not...in... there...!" I whisper enough for Lewis to hear as my glass became watery.

"She not in there??!"Lewis snapped opening the door to see for himself . He stood there froze gasping. Mom is always her so if she's not on her bed or washroom where could she be???

"Please God ....it can't be what can..... thi...nking"Lewis said stuttering as tears start to run down his face .

"DOCTOR " I yelled making my way out of the room running straight to the doctor's office with Lewis behind me.

"DOCTOR WHERE IS THE PATIENT IN ROOM 34"!! I harshly snapped at him the moment I entered his office .

"miss please calm down as you can see am attending to a p__" he said which angry me most as I walked to him grasped the collar of his shirt.

" I CAN'T SEE SH*T SO WHERE THE F**K IS THE PATIENT ??"I snapped at him as he looked shock and taken back my actions .

".....what's the patient's ......name??" He asked stuttering nervously.

"CYNTHIA... MILLER" I said closing my eyes as I couldn't bear what he coming to say next . Please don't confirm what am thinking , I muttered to myself .

"Oh Cynthia Miller, oh sorry madam but aren't you aware she was moved from her ward to the VIP recovery ward this morning after the surgery__ "

".... what are you talking about??..."both Lewis and I said at the same time confused.

"Aren't you talking about Cynthia Kate Miller?"

"......yes but...we hadn't even ...made payment ..yet so __"

"Payment was made yesterday with even extra bonus and the hospital's best doctors operated on her "

I stood there confused this better be me hallucinating. Because Mom's relatives have not been in touch for years so no one knew about her condition it was only Lewis and I so who could pay for the treatment.

"Doctor how is it possible ....because ? We are the only ones she has?.." Lewis asked in confusion.

"Hmm.. I don't really have details but it's hospital funds ..."

"Doctor what you are saying makes no sense !" I said bluntly confused..

" So where is the patient ??" Lewis asked.

"Oh she has been transferred to the recovery ward on the other block???"he asked as Lewis and I quickly walked out heading towards the other block.

The moment we got there we requested for Mom as one nurse directed as to her room.

Both Lewis and I gasped the moment we entered the room , the place look luxurious . I slowly walked towards mom who was sleeping at the moment . Her bed was so big to occupy to two more people. Lewis stood sat on the other of the bed smiling at mom.

"This doesn't sit well with me Lewis, how was Mom's treatment covered besides how come she has been transferred to a VIP ward when we couldn't even afford to pay for the surgery. "

"Am just confused as you are but I thank God at least it was what I was thinking , don't wonder we will ask the nurse at the reception about it?"

After 30minutes of speaking to the receptionist we still couldn't understand so we left as Lewis drove me back to work before heading off to his . So am currently sitting in my office working.

Today is just a good and beautiful day , i think I should give the money back to Costello since it wasn't needed anymore . Well lucky for me Adrian hadn't come out of his office so he hadn't noticed I had gone for about three hours .

"Miss Leighton in my office NOW!"

____________________________________________________________________hello lovely Readers,
Thanks for reading 😻😻.

PLEASE FOLLOW ME @kaytylamarshall
Please feel free to comment .
Please vote 🤩🤩🤩

Thanks for voting.