Interlude - The Knights of the Round Table Are Jealous... of Each Other

Start from the beginning

"I don't know," Merlin shook her head.

"Alright then..." Gwaine walked over to the side of Arthur. "Where are you taking her?"

"It's a surprise."

"Can I come?"

"No."

"Why?"

Arthur mouthed something to Gwaine who nodded in understanding. "Merlin, I'll catch up with you later."

"Bye, Gwaine," Merlin waved.

Merlin soon found herself being dropped onto Morgana's bed. "Wha- Hey!" A piece of cloth was wrapped around her eyes. "What's going on?"

"Don't worry about it, Merlin," a voice said.

"Morgana? What am I doing here?"

"Shh. Don't ask questions," Gwen's voice said from somewhere to Merlin's right.

Merlin was led... somewhere. "Do you trust us?" Morgana asked.

"Yes, of course... Why?"

"Just hold still."

Merlin felt as her layers of clothing were being removed until she was left in just her shift and corset. Then, layers were being put back on, but they felt different than what Merlin usually wore. After what felt like forever, Merlin was brought over to a chair and sat as Gwen and Morgana played with her hair. Merlin kept on asking what they were doing, but they would not tell.

Finally, she was pulled to her feet and the blind fold came off of her face. Merlin gasped as she looked at herself in the mirror that she stood in front of. She wore a light blue dress with white embroidery. It was not nearly as fancy or expensive as the one she wore when she and Morgana switched places, but it was still very beautiful. Her hair was weaved into a single braid down her back. "It's beautiful... Did you make this?"

"Morgana and I worked on it together," Gwen said.

"And Arthur payed for the fabric," Morgana added.

Merlin turned to Arthur. He was leaning against the wall, staring at her. Was that drool at the corner of his mouth. Arthur shook his head, snapping himself out of whatever trance he was in, subtly wiped his mouth and walked over to Merlin. "You look lovely."

"Thank you."

Gwaine poked his head through the door. "Hey, can I steal Merlin for a little bit?"

Arthur hesitated, but nodded. "Don't be too long," he instructed.

Once out the door, Gwaine whistled. "Wow, Princess. You look beautiful."

"Do you like it? Gwen and Morgana made it."

"I wasn't talking about the dress, darling." With a slightly exaggerated bow, Gwaine offered Merlin his elbow. "Fancy a walk in the gardens?"

Merlin rolled her eyes but accepted. 

They walked on the stone pathway of the gardens, talking about random things. Suddenly, Gwaine stopped and picked a flower. It had red petals that complimented the blue of Merlin's dress. Gwaine tucked the flower behind Merlin's ear. 

"What's that for?" Merlin asked, amused.

"It was just so pretty that it reminded me of you."

"Oh, you." Merlin gave Gwaine a light shove and they resumed their walk.

Gwaine led Merlin to a bench in the middle of the garden and they sat down. "Before we head back," he said, "I wanted to give you this. I have patrol later, so this might be my only chance." Gwaine reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace. It was very simple, but still gorgeous. It had a swirly blue tear drop crystal that was backed with silver and had little flower designs on the edges, attached to a silver chain.