Chapter 60 "Why?"

Start from the beginning

Danny:Do you want to talk about what you dreamed about Peter?

Peter:No it's fine...I was just thinking about today...

Danny:About the dance and Janet?...tell me about it

Peter:Today at the dance...do you think I'm a pushover? You yelled at me for wanting me to stand up for myself..

Danny:You're not a pushover, I understand that you need to keep your powers quiet but, maybe you should talk back to them or tell us...you shouldn't deal with them alone

Peter:I deserved that beating, just for helping Liz getting out of that horrible relationship...I shouldn't have involved myself in their business

Danny:You were just trying to help...there's nothing wrong with that

Peter:Yeah well...I still feel like I deserve it
*he said with a small chuckle as he stares at the glass of water, Danny watched silently with a small frown as Peter drinks out of his cup, he stops and glances to his shoulder and sees Danny laying his head on his shoulder*

Danny:...don't say that...you shouldn't allow yourself to be hurt anymore, how do you think I feel?

Peter:...erm...sorry...

Danny:Are you sure you don't want to talk about what was your nightmare? You must have been scared since you were shaking...

Peter:It's just the usual...just dreamt of the boogeyman under my bed, just a normal nightmare, it's not a big deal so you shouldn't think too much of it, okay?
*he forms a small reassuring smile as Danny looks up to him with his face still full of worry, he tried to open his mouth to continue saying for Peter to not hold anything back with his night terrors but he kept his mouth closed knowing that Peter won't tell him no matter how many times he asks him to. He at least nods in response as he moved his head from Peter's shoulder with his head slightly facing down*
Okay...thanks for the water by the way...it helped calm me down a bit...
*he spoke in a faint happy tone trying to lift Danny's spirits at least a little, but seeing his small frown his reassuring smile had fade away, he places the cup beside him with her second desktop and he lays his head on Danny's shoulder*
Do you want a kiss to make you feel better? Or should I go get properly ready and change before that?

Danny:Hmp...I'll want more kisses than usual...
*he spoke with a small chuckle at the beginning before he spoke with a faint smile, Peter had smiled warmly as he moves his head away from his shoulder and grabs a random T-Shirt and sweats before he walked out of the room and quietly entered the bathroom so he wouldn't wake everyone up*

Danny sat on the bed silently as he was waiting for Peter to come back from the bathroom. He rubs his bruised wrist as he looks down to it with a faint frown, he thought to himself of what kind of dream Peter was having to have accidentally hurt him, he looked defensive before he grabbed Danny so he thought maybe he thought he was going to hurt him? But it wouldn't make sense to him after all the affection and care Danny had gave him, or maybe Peter was scared of him? After the small stunt he did with one of the men who attacked Peter he wouldn't be surprised, was that why Peter was feeling a bit distant lately? If Peter had thoughts of Danny hurting him then why wouldn't he tell him? He continued to have 'what ifs' thoughts in his head not noticing Peter walk into the room as he threw his costume into the bottom drawer. Peter had a calm look on his face as he realizes that Danny looked deep in thought, Danny's expression changes to surprise as Peter suddenly jumped stomach flat on his legs with his blanket covering them.