Chapter 85 "Imposter"

~~~~~~

The bone that used to be a hand was grabbed by Danny who was in disbelief of the body in front of him. The boney fingers had fallen off by Danny slightly lifting the hand and it had disconnected from the other bone that connected to its shoulder. Danny was holding a dismembered bone that once used to be an arm, which belonged to his best friend from growing up. His arm was trembling from grabbing the rusty bone and it had fallen out of his hand. Terror was still plastered on his pale face unable to think clearly by the nauseating smell of the decaying bodies.

How is Conal here? Conal was outside with Miranda and the rest and looked normal, he had his hair short like Miranda, he led us here to save the citizens of the Immortal City. Sssesthanag said that H'ylthri can impersonate the person they see in one glance so did one of them dressed as Conal to fool with Miranda? But why? What would they earn from being around Miranda? He also said he was looking for his brother and if one take in full memories with someone then they would be a twin. No no no no, impossible. Why Conal? And Miranda, is she a victim or...?

Danny's eyes widened even more at the thought of Miranda being impersonated by a H'ylthri and forced himself up. He began to dig into the weak bones of people in search of blonde hair and her black outfit matching Conal's. He was like a dog searching through piles of rotten bones looking helplessly for Miranda, he couldn't find her. A smile nearly formed on his face in relief but it fades when he looks down to see his hands trembling with dirt that belonged to the bones.

Danny couldn't bring himself to let out tears and had sucked it in back into his throat. He lets out a shaky breath trying to calm his breathing to remain calm. The H'ylthri killed his friend and was mimicing him to decieve his sister and the rest. They were going to do the same thing towards them as Conal along with the ones in pods. Danny stood up and clenches his fists beside his sides. He glances at Conal's corpse with an unexplainable expression, his eyes red with hatred. He stood in front of his corspe and cupped his hands, then bowed three times before walking out to find the imposter, ignoring the pods of people beside him.

~~~~~

Davos and Sparrow noticed that they have been walking for a while when they suddenly looked up and saw the sky darken. Davos gritted his teeth in frustration and before he could speak he saw a figure suddenly jump out  from a pair of bushes from a few feet from them. They both stopped and glances at each other then looks back at the figure in front of them. The figure was heavily panting as if they were suffocating from air, the person had blonde messy hair and the green outfit that lit up in their eyes. Their eyes suddenly widened in astonishment from seeing the familiar person. It was Danny.

Davos and Sparrow ran towards him and Davos was the one who helped him up by his arm. His stoic expression instantly softened at the sight of him with relief.

Davos:Danny! Thank god you're here...what happened? Who took you away?

Danny:Davos...how did you get here?
*his voice was out of breath and Davos quickly answered*

Davos:Conal and Miranda had led us here. We suspected that the damn trees had grabbed you without us knowing so we came to look for you...what happened?

Danny:I met their leader...they wanted to take my chi

Davos:What? How is that possible?