34

Y/N's P.O.V.

"You know, I'm starting to get the feeling dad is avoiding us." Five muttered and I rubbed my sore wrists.

"I hate to be the boring one here, guys, but it's time we get the Hell out of here." Lila sighed and I turned and glared at her.

"When you say we who exactly are you referring to?" Five glared at her and Diego nudged me slightly, looking at my wrists curiously. I silently lifted them up to show him where the bruising was already starting to form and he winced slightly.

"Not exactly a lot of ambiguity in that sentence." Lila muttered.

"Listen, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but whatever it is, I advise you return posthaste." Five warned.

"She's right, Five. We gotta get out of here." Diego said lowly.

"I just saved your life, you kinder-shit." Lila hissed.
"If I hadn't of stepped in all that would be left of you is a blazer and some bloody socks."

"And that's the problem." Five narrowed his eyes at her.
"You're too good. You ask too many questions. You know too much. And you fight like you know what you're doing."

"He's right." Diego mumbled and Lila looked at me as if I was going to help her.

"So I know how to handle myself and that makes me a bad guy?" She scoffed and I shook my head. She wasn't convincing anybody anymore.

"Whoever you are, you're in my way. If I see you again, I will kill you." Five warned, before walking away and Diego looked a little shocked.

"Y/N, this is really-" She began and I cut her off.

"Lila, don't." I looked at her seriously.
"Back off." She actually looked scared for a moment, before I walked off to catch up with Five.

"Who is she, Y/N?" Five asked.
"I know what I said, but-"

"I'll tell you." I muttered.
"Everything I know, I'll tell you, but... just promise me you'll understand that I kept it from you to protect you."

"Protect me from what?" Five asked quietly and I looked down at the ground.

"Me."

~

We sat on top of the roof of Elliott's, looking up at the stars. It was almost romantic, well, besides the fact that I was about to tell Five things I had lied to him about ever since day one.

"Lila works for the Commission. She told me she retired, that the Handler was dead, but I think she lied." Five narrowed his eyes at me
"She told me she retired to 1961 and met Diego coincidentally, but I didn't buy it. She said someone shot the Handler in 2019, tried to pin it on us, but if the Handler had been killed and Lila thought we did it, she would have killed us, or tried to at least."

"Why?" Five asked carefully.

"Because the Handler isn't her boss. She's her mother." Five's eyes widened.
"Her adopted mother, anyway. The Handler took her in after her parents were killed and raised her as her own. She turned a child into a weapon."

"How do you know that?" Five asked suspiciously and I looked down at my hands.

"Because the Handler did the same thing to me." I muttered, not wanting to see Five's expression.
"Lila was only 4 when the Handler took her in, but I was 14. I was 14 when she put the gun in my hand and I killed my father and I was 14 when my training started. I had a bit of an attitude problem, however, and I got sent off to join the military at 16, not by choice. The Handler said it would be good for me, but it changed me from a killer into a weapon. I came back and I was the perfect soldier. It took me way too long to realise that she didn't actually care about me. She was just using me and when I told her I wanted to retire, she beat me down and demoted me. She old me it was kill or be killed and being killed wasn't acceptable. Then she replaced me with Lila. I tried to convince Lila to get away whilst she could, but it was useless."

"You... this whole time?" Five asked quietly.
"You've lied to me ever since we met?"

"Yeah and I'm sorry, Five, but I don't regret it." I looked at him, seeing hurt in his eyes.
"If I had told you from day one I was her adopted daughter, would you have trusted me with your plans to get back to 2019? Would you have told me about wanting to stop the apocalypse and save your siblings?" Five wouldn't even look at me and there was a lump in my throat.
"Would you have married me?" Five hesitated and tears built up in my eyes when he looked down and stayed quiet.
"Exactly." I stood up and wiped my eyes before the tears could fall, before turning to the door.

"Where are you going?" Five asked quietly.

"I don't know yet. Maybe I'll go back to the park." I laughed weakly, before frowning.

"Then I'll come with you." Five stood up and I looked at him in confusion.

"Why?" He smiled at me and walked closer to me.

"Because I love you." He replied simply.
"You're not them, Y/N. You're not Lila, not the Handler, you're not Y/N L/N."

"Then who the Hell am I?" I sighed.

"I'm pretty sure your name is still Y/N, but I'm gonna call you Delores. Delores Hargreeves." Five nodded and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"My wife."

"You're lucky I love you and I quite like you being alive." I put my arms over his shoulders and he leaned his head against mine.

"How lucky?"

"I can think of... 7 different ways to kill you without moving too much or breaking a sweat right now." I smiled innocently and he laughed slightly.