26

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Here he is." I smiled as Diego was led into the room, looking like he had just seen a ghost or two.

"Five. Y/N." He muttered.

"Hey, Diego." Five said softly as his brother sat opposite us.
"You look good in white."

"About time you two showed up." Diego muttered.

"How'd you know we'd be back?" Five asked and Diego leaned forward.

"Because that's the kind of shit you pull." Diego snapped and I smiled at the nurses in the room.

"Where are the others?" Five asked and Diego looked confused.

"They're not with you?" He asked and Five looked hesitant.

"We'll find them." I muttered.
"How long have you been here, Diego?"

"75 days. I landed in the alley behind Commerce-"

"And Knox." Five interrupted.
"We got here this morning."

"How'd you find me?" Diego asked and Five scoffed, pulling out the mugshot Elliot had given us.

"Page 16. Disturbed man with multiple knives arrested outside 2026 N. Beckley." He pushed the paper towards Diego.
"That's Lee Harvey Oswald's house. Care to explain?"

"Let's just say... Dallas Law enforcement has not been supportive of my attempt to stop the assassination of John F. Kennedy." Diego whispered.

"Because it hasn't happened yet." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"And it's not going to happen." Diego smirked a little.
"Not on my watch. Look, I've been shaving down the bars in my room, another day or two and I'll be out of this place. Then, I'm going to stop Oswald and save the president. You two want in, just say the word."

"You can't just change a major historical event, you don't even know what that will do to the future." I looked at him and he laughed, shaking his head.

"Listen to me very closely you gibbering moron. You are not going to do a goddamn thing." Five whispered threateningly.

"Why not?" Diego countered.

"Because we have to stop the apocalypse." Diego rolled his eyes at me.

"No shit, but that doesn't happen for another 60 years." I rubbed my eyes, tired of this already.

"Not that apocalypse, this is a new one." Five muttered.
"It followed us, we've seen it."

"Nuclear war, Diego, in 10 days." I explained and Diego laughed.

"And I'm the one they locked up, huh?" He shook his head and Five scoffed.
"Fine, I'll play along. What causes it?"

"We don't know yet." I said through gritted teeth.

"Maybe some looney tuned asshole with a hero complex, trying to save the president and screwed everything up." Five hissed.

"So you're saying it worked? I saved the president?" Diego grinned.
"I knew I could do it."

"Diego, you're not listen-" I began.

"Okay, okay, I'll help you." He nodded his head.
"After I save Kennedy and then you throw us back a few decades so I can slit Hitler's throat with a butter knife."

"This is why you don't have any friends." Five deadpanned.
"You know what? Guard, my brother is plotting an escape. The bars in his room have been shaved down." We stood up and Diego slammed his hands down on the table, before climbing on it.

"Piece of shit!" Diego yelled as the guards detained him.

"This is for your own good, Diego." Five sighed.
"Listen, my brother is a very sick man-"

"No, Five!" Diego struggled.
"Y/N! Please!"

"I only pray that he gets the help he so desperately needs." Five smiled.

"No! Please! Not the needle! No! No!" I couldn't help but feel bad, but Five was right, this was for his own good.
Five leaned down to whisper something to him, before the guards took him away.

"Is he gonna be alright?" I asked quietly and Five looked at me.

"It's Diego, of course he will be. We'll find everyone else and come back from him. Until then, at least we know he's safe, from himself at least."