8

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Cute." I muttered as I watched Five cover up a cut, where a bullet grazed his arm, with a little kid's bandaid.

"Oh, so you finally decided to wake up." He smirked at me.
"How are you feeling?"

"Like I got shot in the shoulder." I sat up.
"I'm fine, did you get any sleep, or do I have to physically knock you out?"

"I got 6 hours, after I stitched you up. I figured my cuts could wait until morning." I looked down at the old pyjamas I was wearing.

"Really?" I asked and he shrugged, getting himself dressed.

"Your other clothes were bloody and kinda ruined. I got you some clean ones whilst I was getting my own." I rolled my eyes and pulled myself out of bed, wincing when I put pressure on my arm.
I looked down at the clothes he had laid out, it was the same, except this time it included a tie and a blazer.
"Are we going to talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" I asked, getting myself dressed. I noticed the bullet wound on my shoulder also had been covered with kid's bandaids, two of them, in an X shape. It made me smile a little to myself when I imagined Five doing it.

"The scars? The bruises and cuts that hadn't been treated properly? The burns?" I froze as Five sighed.
"Y/N, your whole body was covered in untreated injuries that weren't there a few days ago."

"A few days for you, maybe." I buttoned up the shirt and faced him.
"Five, I was locked in a high security prison for months, tortured for hours at a time. I couldn't tell them what they wanted to know or they'd kill me."

"I know that, Y/N!" Five stressed.
"I know and I'm sorry, but those injuries... they must hurt, even now I've treated them. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Yeah, they hurt. I move just a little and something hurts, but I didn't want you to worry, okay?" I replied honestly.
"We need to focus on stopping the apocalypse, not me. Saving your family and the world."

"You are my family, Y/N. If it comes down to saving them or you-"

"Don't you dare." I warned him.
"No, you've come too far to give all this up for me."

"I wouldn't have come this far if it wasn't for you." Five argued.
"Just promise me something, okay? Tell me if you can't do this. Tell me if it gets too much, because I can't risk losing you."

"Five-"

"I'm serious, Y/N. Promise me?" I didn't want to agree to this.

"I promise." I pulled on the tie, ignoring the blazer completely.
"But only if you do the same."

"What- no." Five pulled a face and I glared at him.
"Fine." He moved over to the window and I finished getting ready.
"Ready to go?"

"Where?" I asked and I smirked a little, pulling a bag onto his back.

"To save the world from impending doom?" He offered me his hand and I took it.

"Always." He helped me out onto the fire exit, where Klaus was digging through the garbage, talking to himself, or maybe it was a ghost.

"I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus, but then it occurred to me... I don't care." Five smiled at his brother.

"Hey! You know there are easier ways out of the house, guys." The junkie chuckled.

"This one involved the least amount of talking, or so I thought." Five sighed, reaching the ground and I jumped down next to him.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. You, Uh, need anymore company today? I could... clear my schedule?" Klaus offered and I laughed a little.

"Looks like you got your hands full." I smirked and Klaus looked at the flask in his hand, then at the garbage around him.

"Oh this? This- I can do this whenever." He held up his drink, before falling back.
"I just misplaced something, that's all. Oh! I've found it, thank God." He held up half a bagel and took a large bite into it, making me feel sick.
"Delicious!"

"I'm done funding your drug habit." Five put his hand on my arm and pulled me away from his brother.

"You don't- Maybe I just want to hang out with my brother and uh- his wife!" Klaus called as we walked away.
"Mi hermano! I love you!" I snickered as Five groaned, going over to a van.
"Even if you can't love yourself!"

"Why are we stealing a plumbing van?" I asked as we got inside and Five started up the engine.

"Stake out?" He asked and I shrugged. He drove back to Meritech, the prosthetics company, and looked at the bag he had put between the seats. It was open just enough for me to see several glass bottles filled with, what I very much hoped was, alcohol.
He looked back at the building then back at the bag.

"Five?" I asked and he looked at me.
"Are you drunk?"

"No, I'm not drunk. I'm working." He rolled his eyes and looked back at the building. I sighed and leaned my head against the seat. We had done stake outs before when we worked for the Commission. They were slow and boring and quiet. Neither of us spoke much as hours past, I watched people come and go, but nothing suspicious. I needed a drink, so I turned to ask Five if he wanted anything from the small store next to us, seeing his eyes closed and his breathing steady.
I couldn't help but smile a little, he looked so peaceful. I couldn't even remember the last time I saw him relax. I knew he would want me to wake him, but he needed the sleep.
I leaned against the window, deciding I could wait a while longer before I really needed a drink.
"No." Five mumbled after about 30 minutes.
"No, no, no." I sat up and his eyes closed tightly.

"Five?" I put my hand on his arm.
"Five, wake up." I shook him lightly.

"No!" He yelled and I shook him harder.

"Five! Come on." His eyes shot open and he took shaky breaths, looking at me.
"If was just a dream, you're okay."

"I was back in the apocalypse, you were gone, everyone was gone." He shook his head and there were genuine tears in his eyes.

"Five, you're safe. You're here with me and we still have a week to stop it." I got as close to him as I could without physically sitting on him.
"I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

"Funny, I was saying the same thing to you, just this morning, whilst you were sleeping." I put my hand on his cheek and he leaned into it.
A knock on the window made us both jump, looking at Luther as he opened the door.

"Five, Y/N, hey."