29

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Of course dad would be involved in the assassination, I should have known." Diego muttered as Five paced the room.

"No, you're jumping to conclusions." Five argued.

"What else is he doing standing in the grassy knoll, holding an open black umbrella, on a sunny day in Dallas, the exact same day the president gets shot?" Diego yelled and I sighed.

"Coincidence?" I offered and Five turned to me, ready to say something.

"Don't get involved." Diego snapped at me and my eyes widened.

"Don't yell at her, she has nothing to do with this!" Five defended and I rolled my eyes, deciding to get a cup of coffee.
"It doesn't look good, I'll admit-" They continued arguing and I left the room, going over to the coffee pot and heating it up. Lila moved to sit next to me and I poured myself a cup of coffee.

"I didn't recognise you at first." She spoke softly.
"I like the school girl outfit, it's cute."

"Why are you here Lila?" I asked, not even looking at her. I had my eyes on Five and Diego, watching them argue.

"I quit the Commission." She muttered.

"I don't give a shit. What are you doing here? In 1963? How do you know Diego and what do you want?" I interrogated, before taking a drink.

"I retired and 1961 was where I chose to retire to." She replied harshly.
"I didn't mean to run into Diego, we got locked up together." I didn't buy it, not at all.

"Mummy's favourite retired so young?" I mimicked her accent with a smirk, turning my head to see her reaction. She glared at me and it only made me smirk more.

"She's dead. She got shot in the head, her body was found in a motel in 2019." She hissed and I raised an eyebrow.
"Weren't you just in 2019 trying to stop the apocalypse?"

"Believe me, I didn't shoot her and neither did Five, but I wish I had." Lila looked pissed and I sipped my coffee.
"So what? You're just here living a normal civilian life? Starting over?"

"Yeah." She glared at me.

"Well, I suggest you do it somewhere else or I might just tell Diego and Five who your mommy is." I warned and she laughed slightly, standing up.

"Don't threaten me, Y/N. I'm sure I know things about you that even your little boyfriend doesn't know." She challenged.
"Like maybe who your mummy is." I narrowed my eyes at her, before dumb and dumber appeared with a phonebook, placing it on the table next to me. Lila walked off and I swore under my breath.

"Lets start simple, his name." Five sighed and Diego opened the book. Five looked at me and I offered him my cup and he took it as I poured myself another.

"Hargreeves... Hargreeves... Hargreeves..." Diego muttered.
"Shit, nothing here."

"Try his company; D.S. Umbrella Manufacturing Co." Five suggested.

"Yeah, I know the name. Thanks." Diego looked at him and I laughed a little, holding my cup close to my chest.
"Holy Shit. D.S. Umbrella. 82 Olive. Let's go."

"Road trip, awesome." I got off the table and Diego looked at me.

"No, you're not coming." He said simply and Five raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, would you rather have one or two experienced assassins by your side if you run into trouble?" I looked at him and he groaned.
"Exactly, let's go."

"He okay to be left here like that?" Diego looked at Elliott, who was struggling in his seat.

"Yeah, he's fine. What about the girl?" Five asked and Diego groaned, turning and looking for Lila. He went to find her and Five laughed a little.
"You ready to meet my dad?"

"Well, we've been together for a couple of years, I think it's about time." Five rolled his eyes and I nudged him.
Diego came back and walked right passed us.

"Are we going or what?" He called after us and we followed him.
We got in the car and by the time we made it to the address it was dark out.
"D.S. Umbrella, so this is it?" Diego asked as we approached the building. Five stopped before he got to the door and Diego and I both noticed.

"You okay?" Diego asked and Five looked hesitant. He hadn't seen his father in over 4 decades, of course he was scared.

"Yeah, fine." Five muttered.
"Just..."

"How long has it been since you've seen the old man?" Diego asked and Five let out a shaky sigh.

"45 years." Five muttered and Diego attempted to pick the lock.

"That's a trip." The younger brother muttered.

"No kidding." Five muttered.
"You know, when I was stuck out there, in the apocalypse, there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't hear his voice in my head." Five looked down and I couldn't help but feel a little guilty for not knowing that.

"What was he saying?" Diego asked.

"I told you so." Diego laughed slightly, giving up on the lock.

"Well if dad is here, he's never met you before, so he can't say I told you so." Diego smiled a little.

"I'm sure he'll find a way." Five sighed, before spacial jumping himself inside and I unlocked the door without moving anything but my wrist. Five pushed the door open and Diego groaned as he got up.

"Right. Gotta remember you two can do that." He sighed and we went inside. Five turned on a lamp as Diego and I looked around. The lamp flickered of almost instantly and I looked at Five in confusion.

"Shit." He muttered and I picked up a dusty cushion.

"I guess Dad wasn't one for home decor." Diego mumbled.

"It feels more like a front." I dropped the cushion and dust flew up into the air.

"A front for what?" Diego asked suspiciously.