32

TRIGGER WARNING- Brief mentions of suicide towards the end of the chapter

Five's P.O.V.

"So you just let her go?" Diego asked me as Lila treated his wound.

"Well, Vanya has a lot to process." I sighed, pacing the room.
"She'll come around. I know she will."

"What about the guys that went after her, Five?" Diego asked.

"The Swedes?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah. How do you know they won't go after her again?" Diego looked at me as Elliott brought drinks in.

"We don't."

"Mm, any idea who sent them?" Lila asked and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Oh, I have my suspicions." I picked up a cup of coffee.
"When is Y/N getting up? I think she's forgetting about the world ending in a week, we don't really have time for her to sleep all day."

"She isn't here." Elliott replied simply and I looked at him in confusion.

"What? She said she was coming back here yesterday afternoon, before Vanya and I went to see Luther. Are you telling me she hasn't been back here since..."

"Not since the atmospheric radar went off yesterday." Elliott looked at me and I froze.

"Why would she say she was coming back here and then... not do that?" Diego asked and I put the cup down.

"She wouldn't." I muttered, genuinely worried.
I knew I took it too far in the diner yesterday, but I couldn't stand the thought of her not being able to trust me with something that happened to her that was clearly important. I don't think she understood how much that hurt. We've both done bad things, but I don't know what could be so wrong that she really thought I'd love her less because of it.
"I'm going to find her."

"Is that a good idea? Shouldn't the priority be finding dad?" Diego questioned and I knew he was right. If it was anyone else that was missing, they wouldn't be my first priority, or even my second, but it was Y/N. I couldn't leave her. She could be hurt or worse.

"I'm going to find her." I repeated and Lila looked almost amused. I didn't have time to waste questioning her, I left the apartment knowing she had to have something to do with this. To do with Y/N.

Y/N's P.O.V.

I sat under the tree, watching as kids ran around and played, grinning at their parents, not a care in the world. I turned my attention down to the grass in front of me with a sad stare, wishing things could be as simple as they used to be.

"I've been looking for you, Delores." I heard Five say, but I didn't move or look at him.
"You worried me when I found out you didn't go back to Elliott's."

"Didn't see the point. I'm not going to be much help stopping the apocalypse if you're convinced I'm going to keep lying to you." He sat down next to me and I looked at the paper bag in my hand, before bringing it up to my lips and taking a drink from the bottle inside.

"Are you drunk?" Five asked, not sounding judgemental, just slightly worried.

"Not yet." I put the bottle back down and leaned my head back against the tree, looking up at the leaves.
"But you probably think that's a lie, so it doesn't really matter."

"Have you been here all night?" He asked quietly and I clenched my jaw, not wanting to admit that I had.

"No, I was sat on that bench over there for a few hours." I pointed across the park to a bench that an old couple were sat on.
"And then I went over and sat by the pond for a while, but it got cold and I ended up walking around, before climbing a tree-"

"Y/N." Five interrupted and I looked at him, before taking another drink from the bottle. He took the bag from me and threw it across the grass.
"I'm sorry, okay? You're allowed your secrets and I shouldn't have snapped at you like that, but you're acting like... like you've given up."

"Maybe I have, Five." I shrugged.
"Maybe I'm tired of hurting the people I care about. I end up killing them or lying to them eventually."

"Who did you kill, Y/N?" Five took my hand and looked at me carefully.

"It doesn't matter. It was a long time ago." I muttered and Five sighed.
Guilt gnawed at my chest and I looked down at my hand that was connected with Five's.
"When the Handler recruited me... I was vulnerable, close to my breaking point. I was stupid and angry and hurt and she put a loaded gun in my hand. She gave me a choice. I could put myself out of my misery or I could hurt the person that hurt me."

"Your father." Five whispered and I nodded my head.

"Sometimes I think I made the wrong choice." I admitted. Five made me look at him and I saw a hurt look in his eyes.

"Don't ever say that, Y/N." He said seriously.
"Don't you dare. You don't even know how much that hurts to hear." He pulled me into a hug and I let myself relax into his embrace.

"I'm sorry, Five." I muttered and he kissed my head.

"It's gonna be okay. We're gonna be okay."