aftermath

Myles POV

Silence. The entire car ride home no one says a thing. I wouldn't even dare to speak right now, even thought it would probably only be met with more silence. After going outside to speak with my mum and stepdad in the foyer I tried to explain everything without giving everything away but thinking back on it, it sounds like I just blamed everything on Briar and took no responsibility. I didn't even say sorry. I'm surprised my mum didn't say anything or throw any hands at Briar when she got my stuff with the way I spoke about everything. I just don't know how to come clean about things that Briar is keeping a secret from everyone. I know these aren't my secrets to tell but I don't know what else I'm supposed to tell my parents to explain myself.

The car slightly jolts to a stop and I see we've pulled up back at the house. I grab my bag next to me in the back seat and make my way to the front door, following my mother and Marshall. The door opens and quickly I hear the the thudding of footsteps down the stairs and see my little brother Kingsley, right as he jumps into my arms for a hug. I really missed him. Like really really missed him. A few moments later I first hear then see my older brother Tyson start to make his way down the stairs and he gives me a small hug round my shoulder and walks into the kitchen. I drop my bags and walk into the living room where my parents are both sorting a few things out around the room.

"I'm sorry." I say, breaking the silence that had fallen over the room since I'd walked in. "I am so so so sorry. I really hope the both of you can forgive me one day because I promise I didn't mean to make you worry I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I know I haven't exactly been a stellar son since I've been back here but I've changed and I want to show you that so please - I just really am so sorry I'll-" I continue but I'm abruptly cut off by my mother, with watery eyes pulling me into a tight hug and I instantly follow. A few moments pass and after the long embrace, as we break away Marshall gives me a less tight but still meaningful hug. For someone who doesn't really do physical affection that means a lot coming from him.

"Don't - Don't you ever do that again." My mother says, now crying and her voice slightly breaking in a sort of stern but more worried voice. "We were worried sick, not knowing where you were for so long, no note, no calls, we'd thought you'd run away again." she continues. I can see I've really hurt her. I feel awful.
"The past few days were hell Mylo. Never again hey?" Marshall adds on is a less emotional tone, but I still know he really means what he's saying.
"Yeah. Absolutely." I reply, tears now forming in my eyes. This family, this house is the best. And I've missed them so much. I know I still owe them some answers but for now I just want to be with my family, in this moment. I hate to think how Briar's doing back at the studio; I hope that if I can talk to my parents and make them see some sense then hopefully I can check in on her later, or maybe she could come over. My families always really liked Bri, and I really wasn't the greatest boyfriend to her the last time I was at the studio.

"I still need to tell you guys a lot. Like Briar-" I begin, but am cut short by my mother interrupting.
"No." She says abruptly and firmly. What does she mean no? I look up to her and she goes on to explain herself.
"Myles I am not losing you again and for the foreseeable future at least, that name will not be spoken in this house. You are not to see her until we've spoken more about this. But today's for this family." She continues. What?? She's being completely unreasonable! I know that I scared her but this is a bit excessive, I just wanted to speak to her but I'm not even allowed to mention her? My mother walks past me and starts to leave the room but I turn and stop her;
'Wait! But-' I interject but I'm interrupted by Marshall placing his hand on my shoulder.
"Don't push it Myles. Not tonight" He says with the most care he's shown all night and follows my mother out the room and up the stairs. So much for my family liking Briar. I really don't know what to do.

820 words

a/n surprise update!! some Myles pov for u tonight. I'm going to add a disclaimer into the beginning of the book after some dms but I'll add it here as well - just a reminder that none of this is real or reflective of the real people at all! Yes this is  fanfic but i started writing this a while ago when i never really separated the actors from their characters on the next step and you'll see that through the book their personalities are heavily entwined. I debated going through and changing the main character names to tns names but I don't think there would be any use. Here I've included some names of Myles' real life family members and this by no means is me trying to integrate their real lives into this story - I only did it for the convenience of story telling and I hope it works - the same goes for the use of Briar's family names!!! thank you for reading and goodnight from me <3