Distance

Sorry its a bit late!

Briar POV

"Myles, your parents are here, they want speak with you outside."

Myles glances at me before getting up to walk into the hallway.

"Good luck" I whisper and I see him half smile as he heads out the door.

A few minutes pass and I hear voices outside the daw start to get gradually louder, but still somewhat muffled by the walls between what sounds like a  growing argument. The shouting outside begins to dull and the quiet is overtaken by the chatter between individual groups in the room and I watch people around the room, Devon and Jordan not really taking a break and tricking off their flips, Jesy, Lily and Effie doing a round of group split stretches, but my moment of observation is interrupted by the door next to the bench I'm sat on swinging open and familiar figure walking through.

It seems everyone had also turned to watch her as she entered, but was facing away from me, looking as if she was looking for someone, or something around the room. She turns her head looking around the room, scanning. Her face finally looks towards in my direction and I recognise her instantly, and my realisation is confirmed by Myles bursting in shouting after his mother.
'Mum please just leave it' he sort of shout whispers to his mum, trying to minimise the attention from the rest of the troupe in the room. His mum, Franci I always called her, locked eyes in my direction and began to walk towards me. I thought for sure she was walking towards me to hit me, for taking her son away and essentially... stealing him. She walked further towards me and we met eyes, she flashed a scolding glare at me but walked up to the spot next to me, grabbing Myles' sport bag and water bottle, packing his jumper and things away into his bag. The whole room observes in silence, as she gathers his things, and the door once again creaks open to a voice saying
'Come on Myles it's time to leave.'
A deeper, more calm voice says, standing in the doorway. I can't properly see his face but I recognise the voice as Myles' father, well step father technically, Marshall, but he's practically raised Myles as his own. Franci collects all of Myles' things and walks towards the exit to meet Marshall, walking past him and out the door. The door also begins to shut, so I'm pretty sure Marshall follows Franci as she begins to leave. Myles is left standing in the middle of the room, looking down at the floor; his expression is hard to read, I don't know if he's sad, embarrassed or anything. He slowly looks up and towards me, and gives me a soft half smile, I'm pretty sure as a signifier to say bye, because it looks as if he has to leave. He drops his head back down and walks back out the double doors that had been extremely active in the last few minutes.

Heads around the room that had been watching the commotion in front of them began to avert their gaze from the double doors, over to me. I guess it's only natural for them to blame that scene on me, I mean I guess it is ~technically~ my fault but it's rude to assume! I look down at my hands but can still feel the eyes on me. I have not missed this feeling. This doesn't feel like it's going to stop anytime soon so I think it's time we better get back to practice.
'So, that breaks been long enough right? Back to rehearsal yeah?' I say, already walking towards my group, not looking for an answer. Before anyone in my group can say anything about it I continue 'So if at the start of this second eight count we move this way and you guys move into the centre' I begin, wanting to get straight back into the dance. I can't help but keep glancing over to the doors, hoping Myles would walk back through them, over to his group and keep practicing. But I know that'd not going to happen. It feels weird, knowing that after this practice... I'll be all alone for the first time in days. Myles has been such a rock by my side and now I don't even know when I can next see him. And I don't even have a ride back.

Myles POV

I follow my parents outside and get into the backseat of the car. That was humiliating, buy deserved I guess. I just hope Briar's okay on her own.

788 words

A/N
sorry its only a short one it's late finishing this and I think the next part will be quite wordy and I don't really want to ruin it with a bunch of 4am typos. sorry for not updating earlier! it's just been a hectic few days - I turned 18 and got my a level results and got into my university! it's been mainly focused on that but I'm actually really enjoying writing this again so I hope to update more frequently and maybe start drawing the book to a close. Thanks for reading!!