One Call

Myles POV 

I'm woken by the sun streaming into my face and I awkwardly squint as I open my eyes. I guess I fell asleep pretty early last night. I sit up and position myself on the bed still half asleep, when I realise that somethings missing. It takes me a few minutes to properly wake up and realise, it's Briar. Where the hell is she? "Briar?" I call out a couple of times wondering if she's just joking around and hiding or if she's really gone. I grab my phone from the counter next to the bed and turn the screen on. It takes my eyes a moment to. Adjust to the light, but I see the time is 8:30 am. Ugh that's way too early for me. I unlock my phone and look through my notifications and I stop scrolling as soon as I notice one. 'Missed call from Briar 💓' it reads. It says I missed her call at 2am. I start panicking, what if something was wrong in the middle of the night and I was too busy sleeping to help her? Where is she!? To put my mind at rest, I call my voicemail to see if she's left a message. After what seems like a lifetime the call finally goes through. As soon as the call picks up, even before she starts to talk I can tell that's she's been crying. I can hear her sniffling and I start to get even more worried. I'm such a bad boyfriend for not being there for her. Finally she speaks, and I'm not understanding what I'm hearing. I have to listen to the message a few times over for it to actually hit me. Did she just- break up with me? Over voicemail? This has to be a joke. I stand up and start to slightly pace around the room as I search through my phone looking for Briars contact. As soon as I find her contact I stop short and look up. I look around the room and realise all her stuff is still here. What's she playing at? I eventually call her and while the phone was ringing, my mind floods with millions of 'ifs' and 'buts' about us. "hello?" I hear from my phone, bringing me back from my thoughts. "Briar?" I ask. Please let this be a joke. "Oh, Myles" I hear her reply with a hint of disappointment in her voice. "Look Briar-" I start down the phone but I'm cut of by a very different voice down the phone. "Myles." instantly recognise the harsher tone to be Briars mother and I realise she went back home. But why? "My daughters already made it perfectly clear that she doesn't want anything to do with you anymore, and I don't want you calling her again. Your parents are worried about you and I suggest you come home. Goodbye Myles." she says and hangs up. Just like that. Is this for real? Am I still asleep? I wish I was. I don't even know how I feel right now so much just happened at once. I'm overwhelmed. I can't believe she actually just did this to me. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

600 words

It's 1am and I have school tomorrow so appreciate this lmao. I couldn't sleep and got random Inspo so yeah I decided to finish and publish this update. Sorry for being behind on all my books I'm trying 💓 I know it was short but hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading again guys 💚