Hospital

Heya sorry for not updating in ages I'm working on it

Briar POV

As soon as I got home earlier, I collapsed into my mums arms in a bundle of tears. At the time of the call, I had no idea why I had just done that. After some sleep, Myles phoning me again and my mum getting rid of him, I finally realised. My life is way too complicated at the moment for boy drama. I want to compete this season, and I'm preoccupied with my dad. Speaking of my dad, I'm going to see him, for the first time after... everything happened. 

After parking, I make my way up to his room, my mum following behind me. As soon as I walk in, I see he's awake and he breaks out a huge smile. I can't help but feel heartbroken upon seeing him like this. My mum went to get some coffees, and I get some alone time with him. I walk over to him and gently place myself on the side of his bed. I can't bare to see him like this. "Hey Bri" he says in a rough voice that slightly breaks my heart even more. "Hey dad" I quietly answer. I can't stop the instant tears that begin to pour down my cheeks. I could never imagine my life without my dad. "What's wrong biscuit?" He asks. My heart practically melts, he hasn't called me biscuit in years. "I don't- I don't even know what I'm feeling" I answer, maybe a little too truthfully. "All I want is for you to be happy... Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are all in harmony." He reassures me. Of course he includes a Gandhi quote, my dad practically idolises him. "I think I just kind of need to pause everything for a bit and take a step back from the action." I speak again, my voice continuously cracking. I just feel so lost. "Without action you aren't going anywhere" He speaks again, another Gandhi quote. I let a small smile crack on my face. "Okay dad chill with all the Gandhi inspiration" I reply. All of this happening has really made me appreciate my family a lot more. I feel like I haven't spent time with any of them in ages. 

My mum appears in the door way with Abbey and three coffees, and my dads face completely lights up. They both walk over to greet my dad and we all joke a little for a few moments. My mum hands me my coffee, before turning to both Abbey and I, saying "Hey girls, can you give me and your father a minute to talk?" Neither of us verbally communicate, but instead head out into the waiting room. We both know our mum all too well to know that this isn't anything particularly serious. We sit down and Abbey instantly pulls out her phone. I left mine at home intentionally, I'm trying to take a break from online. Instead, I aimlessly stare at the ceiling, thinking about this dance season. At least that's still a positive I have. 

I'm snapped back to reality by a scurry of doctors and nurses with equipment and trays running down the hallway. Both Abbey and I curiously stare at them, before realising the hallway they just went down. That's where dad is. We both instantly burst up and run down towards the door. We go to enter, but end up being stopped by my tearful mother exiting the room. "Mum?" Abbey asks, in tears. "Is dad okay?" She continues. I can't remember the last time I saw Abbey look so vulnerable. "Erm, they said, they think he uh, he went into cardiac arrest. They're with him now." She barely speaks, now also crying. She pulls us both back to the seating area and sits between us, pulling us both close to her. Usually we would both resist, but this time we're more than willing. She gently strokes both our faces before murmuring to us "I'm sure he'll be okay". I wish I could believe that. After too long of a wait, a doctor walks out of his room and all three of us sit up. God please. "Mrs Nolet", The doctor begun, walking towards us. "I am so sorry..."

Oooh cliffhanger yall. Sorry for not updating but I can't wait for some of the ideas I have for this story. Thanks for reading <3