Family

Myles POV I feel like it's been years since I've last done a Myles pov oops

Okay Devon's group, we're cool, this should be... cool ? I walk towards the group and try to give a relaxed greeting, except my mouth couldn't decide if it wanted to say 'hey' or 'sup' so instead I came out with a mix of
'shup' and whole lot of stuttering 'ers' and 'ums' to follow, just waiting for someone else to cut me off and save me from my own word vomit.
'Hey man, we missed you' Devon finally cuts me off. Thank god for Devon. I think of what to reply but before I can even open my mouth, Brandon, who seemed to be leading this small group butted in
'Yeah dude, we've heard some... weird stuff here? Did you like... run away... with Briar?? Like dude when did you guys even become friends again?'
How do I even respond to that, especially when I can barely even remember half of it as its all been overshadowed by the very dramatic events of the past few days.
I begin with a few more 'ers' until I eventually have some real words to say 'We've always... been friends' I weakly say, tapering off. I could see by their faces alone they didn't believe me. 'Look, we're kind of... dating ? Look I don't know it's early and we're just trying it all again and... I can't really explain a lot of it... it's just it's been a hectic few days' I answer, but Brandon once again cuts across me,
'Hey you know your parents have been here, what was all that about?'.
My parents. In the midst of all of this I'd forgotten I hadn't ~actually~ spoken to my parents since I kind of left them a note in the middle of the night saying I hadn't run away again... and then hadn't gone back home in like the past four days. I know this looks bad but it was unintentional. its just that... briar needed me. God I don't know how I'll explain this.

Briar POV

Jesy gives me a half shoulder hug but an awkward silence fell over the group. God of course everyone knows about Myles and I running away I just don't want to talk about any of this. I just want to dance with my friends and not say anything.
'Hey um Briar so we just wanted to ask-' Effie began but I quickly cut her off,
'So, have you guys got any chroeo so far? we better get started' I interrupted. Thankfully it seems that the rest of the group got the message that I just wanted to get on with this and we started spitballing.

Myles POV

'Okay everyone take 5, we'll come back after and just clean some stuff up and then we'll showcase each dance' Allain announced into the room, followed by a group of in sync sighs of relief after a particularly brutal practice. Maybe I'm just out of shape from skipping a few classes but that was difficult. I walk towards the benches and Briar joins my side and we both flop down and open our drinks.
'This was harder than expected' She says, which I meet with a tired laugh;
'Yeah maybe taking so much time off wasn't the best idea" I retort. A comfortable silence lingers between us as we catch our breath and recharge.
' Um.. ' I break the silence, unsure of how to word what I want to say.
Briar cocks her head towards me and raises a questioning eyebrow.
'I realised... I never actually told my parents... anything. I left a vague note but I haven't been home in almost a week and apparently they've come by the studio looking for me. I feel really bad, I didn't mean... to make them worry. " I slowly get out.
'Mylo...' Briar begins, but she sighs, 'its not your fault, its mine I pulled you out of your house and didn't tell you anything, never told you why and you've been so focused on me and my family, I've been to selfish to think about yours.' She says, with a half smile. No no no no no. I dont want her to think she's being selfish. What's happened recently has been crazy, like so incredibly unbelievable of course she's needed me.
' You know that's not true b' I reply. I go to continue but I see brandon walking towards the two of us talking.
'Hey so where's Abbey B?' He asks upon arrival. I really wish he hadn't asked that. The last thing briar needs right now is to have to think about all the drama her family has caused. It's going to have to come out sooner or later, I just hope Briar knows that.
"Uh you know she hasn't been feeling well, some sort of stomach bug haha, it's been puke city at home" She says quickly, but starts to taper off, "Anyway what's been happening here, what have we missed? " She changes the subject. Oh B, this isn't going to end well... the lies is what caused this in the first place.
"Not much," Brandon answers, "The main topic of conversation has been you two, it was super dramatic you guys,,, running away" he says awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with us both, "and like, myles' parents shouting at allain in the foyer, that was pretty dramatic. " He finishes. They did what? I knew they came to the studio but... shouting at allain? je doesn't deserve that.
"What do you mean?" I quickly ask. I really hope I haven't messed everything up again. Brandon opens his mouth to start speaking but is swiftly interrupted by a head popping through the door saying 'Myles?' looking around. Oh god what now. I stand up to indicate I'm the one the receptionist is looking for.
She continues, 'Your parents are here, they want to speak with you outside.'

993 words
a/n not frequent updates but they're getting closer! Thanks for waiting for this chapter I rewrote it like 5 times lmao. As always stay safe, wear a mask and keep supporting and advocating for blm! 💓