Rule #4... Broken.

I already posted part of this and said I'd continue it in the next chapter but I unpublished it so I can continue writing it all in one chapter cause I'm really weird (yes they're Briar's rules but I don't want it to all be her POV) 😉

Myles POV

Rule #4 Put your whole heart into it.

Practice was really intense again but more fun than usual. I've been placed in a dance with Briar and Devon so today wasn't very productive, we played about for a lot of it. After the dramatic events of this morning, it was good to take our minds off it. I see Briar packing up some of her stuff and run up to her as she's leaving. "Not too close, people will get the wrong idea" she says jokingly, mocking everything Jessy said earlier. Jessy's such a bitch, I've never really liked her. The other girls on the team are so much nicer. I laugh at Briar's comment before saying " 6pm dinner, I'll pick you up?" I love spending time with her. "Can't wait!" She says excitedly, looks round to check nobody's looking before pecking my lips and bursting through the CDC doors, running down to her mums car. I forgot how sometimes she gets excited and basically reverts back to a 10 year old. Well I'm sweating so much, better go home and get changed. I walk out the doors towards my car and unlock it.

Briar's POV

"Hi mum!" I say bubbly. I can't wait for tonight. "What's got you so happy?" she asks, picking up on my positive attitude. "Can't a girl just be happy?" I reply jokingly, but I see she isn't really paying attention. She's looking out my window. "What?" I ask her. What's so interesting about a parking lot? "Is that Myles Erlick?" She said a little confused. SHIII- I probably should've told her he was back, even if I wasn't going to tell her everything. She looks at me waiting for an answer. "Err Yeah, he rejoined the studio a couple weeks back." and I'm dating him already. Let's leave that part out for now. "Is he the one replacing Jessy?" ughhhhhhh Jessy. "Um Yeah" and because of that me and Myles won't even speak to Jessy. What she doesn't know won't kill her. "That's terrible. Poor Jess, to be replaced by him. Unprofessional, Unpredictable and demotivated. " Why does my mum always feel the need to use big ass words. He's not that bad, he never was. Just because she doesn't like us together. "He's actually gotten a lot better. I'm in quite a lot of dances with him" I say, defending him. Dammit Briar, why did you have to go and open your big gob. Now she's going to completely jump to conclusions. "Outside of dance, I don't want you seeing him." She dictates. "Sure" I lie. I'm seeing him tonight and she can't stop me. On the drive home she stops at a grocery store and comes back with loads of bags. "What's that for?" I finally ask. We have food at home already. "Family dinner, your dad's coming back from his work trip." She responds. NONONONONO. I have my date with Myles!!! I don't care.... I refuse to break another rule.

We arrive home and my mum starts cooking while I try to think of an excuse to leave the house. "Where's my little B?" I hear an all too familiar voice say coming from the hallway. "Dad!" I shout as I run into his arms. I really have missed him. "Hey Baby Bri" He says as we hug and I start to laugh. It suddenly hits me. I don't want to leave the house. I want to be with my dad. My dad sets out the table as my mum comes close to finishing the food and I still don't know what to do with Myles. "Dinner's ready!" My mum calls into the living room, alerting my dad and I. He gets up and walks into the kitchen while I grab my phone. I send Myles a quick text "Can't do dinner tonight. Sorry, another time." and I walk into the kitchen for dinner. Okay that text was really inconsiderate, I feel bad but not as bad as if I was out with Myles knowing my dad was at home. I guess that means Rule #4 is broken too. Oh crap, these rules are dropping like flies. I'll make it up to Myles when I can, but for now I want to be with my family.

You guys need to realise I'm really bad at keeping my word when it comes to updates but i try to update as often as I can. I should probably sleep now, it 3:30am here. Great. THANKS FOR READING GUYS!! 💜💚