The Truth?

Their prom pictures have always been my faves 😂💚

Myles Pov

There standing before us, my parents. Oh crap. How the hell am I going to explain this. In fact, why are they even here. I instantly detach my hand from Briar's and try to act normal. I've never really been good at that. "Myles?" my dad questions. Oh this is gonna go great. Sarcasm hopefully noted? "Yeah dad?" I say, trying to sound normal but my voice goes all high pitched and weird. Dammit. Way not to give it away. I'm completely torn on what to do. I could lie and say and I was just doing Briar a favour and we're barely friends. I could completely change the subject and ask him why he's here. Or I could tell them the complete truth. I think after today, I'll just lie my way out of this. "Why are you here?" My mother asks. Great question. "Why are you here?" I ask back, trying to sound as nice as possible. Classic question dodge. Just answer it with another question. "We got back a few hours ago, Tyson and Kingsley are at home, where you should be." My mum answers, emphasising the last part. Oh crap. "And you?" My dad continues on from my mum. "I erm, he funny story actually." I awkwardly reply. I glance over to Briar, who is sat quietly next to her dad now. "Really?" My mother said, this time to Briar. Pleas B, go along with this. "Hilarious." She bluntly responds. I can't help but laugh a little at this. "Do tell, this 'hilarious' story" She says, obviously not believing me the slightest. "Well erm, I was at the hospital when I just happened to run into Briar." This was a terrible lie. I'm just digging myself in deeper. "And why were you here?" My dad asks, unconvinced. "Yeah, Myles why were you here?" Briar adds, clearly annoyed I'm not telling the truth. "I, erm, sooo the first day of practice, I think it was the first day, I err, broke my ankle...." I reply, losing confidence towards the end. This is a terrible lie. "Really? I've spoken to Allain and he said you've been doing well?" My dad asks, still not convinced. I'm not even convinced either. Too late to give up now I guess. "It hurts so much but I work better when I'm in pain" I respond bluntly this time. Wow that was deep? Where the hell did that come from? My parents are still clearly not convinced and I look over to see Briar laughing weakly at my unexpectedly profound statement. This obviously isn't working. Looks like it's option C then...

"Myles, WHY are you here?" My mother repeats, clearly annoyed with my story. I thought it was a pretty good story. The question circles round my mind for a while. Why am I here? I'm here because my best friend in the world needed me. I'm here because I can't bare to see her upset. I'm here because I miss her when I'm not around her. I'm here because.... I think I love her. Wait. What? Did I seriously just think that? Do I love her? Is it too soon? Why am I thinking of so many damn questions in my head? I doubt she feels the same, It's only been a little while. But we have all of this history... maybe she does... "Myles..." My mother once again repeats herself, pulling me out of my thoughts. "I'm here because..." I start but my thoughts disrupt me again. Not about my feelings for Briar, but I remember everything she said to her mother earlier, how brave she was, at a time she's expected to be so weak. And here I am, hiding behind stupid stories and unconvincing lies. "Because... I'm scared." I continue. "What?" My father says, puzzled. This was bound to confuse everyone, even Briar I guess. "Maybe..."  I start, but turn to Briar to direct my upcoming speech to her. Strap in. "Maybe I'm scared because you mean more to me than any other person. You are everything I think about, everything I need, everything I want. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met, inside and out and nothing and no one else can compare to your beauty. And I'll admit it, my heart skips a little when I even hear your name. I actually fell for you before I even realised I did. And.... I wanted to tell you all my secrets, but you became one instead. And I couldn't live with myself, lying to my parents about you, after what you did today." I completely spill my guts out to her. I didn't think it would be this terrifying. But I'm not quite done "I.. Err. Hehe." MYLES DON'T YOU DARE CHICKEN OUT NOW. "I erm" say it. "well" just say it. "soooo" SPIT IT OUT. I'm really annoyed with myself. " I love you B" I say so fast I trip over my own words. I see that she's turned from her dad to face me and she's slightly blushing. That's cute. In all of this I completely forgot my parents were here, but they don't matter for the moment. She stands up and takes a hold of my hands and looks into my eyes. God her eyes are beautiful. "I love you too Mylo" she says softly before placing a peck on my lips. I can't help but let a wide grin take over my face after we pull away. I hug her and hear my father clear his throat. "Myles... Please tell me this is a joke" he speaks up. After what I just said how could he think it was a joke? I guess I'll have to tell him everything for him to believe me then. Here goes nothing....

I acc hate these few ending lines I didn't know how to finish it lel. 😂😂 I know this chapter was a lot of talking again but I guess I seem to be better at them, plus all the deep convos and stuff are setting up what's gonna happen next 😬. This chapter was actually gonna have more happen in it but I was kinda convinced to just do this bit in detail sooo yeah 😂. Also sorry for mistakes I've written this over a while on different devices and I haven't proof read 😂 Next update might be on the weekend, if not it will be a while, this is revision week at school and the next week and a bit are exams but I'll try 💜 hope you guys enjoyed THANKS FOR READING AGAIN 😙❤❤