Chapter Twenty-One

I slowly walked over to the file and picked it up. I opened it up and scanned over the first page - it was my basic information, such as my full name, date of birth, parents names etc. I furrowed my eyebrows as I turned to the next page.

"Sierra? You okay up there?" Harry shouted from downstairs. I cleared my throat before closing the file and putting it back exactly where it was, then exiting the room, making sure to leave the door how it was.

I quickly walked down the stairs before going back into the kitchen to find Harry.

"Sorry, I got a phone call," I lied.

"But your phone is here?" Harry argued, pointing at my phone on the counter top.

"Right, yeah. I have another one, in case of emergencies." I lied again before giving him a small smile.

"Fair enough," he nodded before going back to what he was doing.

"So um, what time does the party start tomorrow?" I asked quietly, still confused as to why there is a whole file about me with a load of information upstairs.

"Oh, any time after 6," he replied before taking a sip of his drink. I nodded in reply. In all honesty, my gut is telling me that I really should stay away from Harry from now on, but my head is telling me otherwise. I don't feel comfortable with the thought of coming to the party tomorrow, but he might know that something is up if I don't.

But the second page of the file, my subconcious reminded me. I wanted to slap myself, for always allowing it to get in the way.

"Anyway, I should get you home," Harry looked up. "Thanks for helping me out today," he smiled as we exited his house. "Oh and by the way, I added some more music onto your laptop for tomorrow." I nodded in reply.

******

******

Today was the day of the party. I'm feeling extremely uneasy about it, but I know that I need to go. Harry said that I can invite whoever I want, so I asked Rylee and Ebony to come along. They said yes - well, Rylee insisted that they come over to mine first so we can all get ready together.

A lot has gone on with Rylee and Scott lately, they've made their relationship official - I told her that it was a bit soon but she argued against me.

I yawned before getting out of bed and changing into my running clothes. I checked the time on my phone - 11:40am - before slipping it into my pocket and zipping it up.

My dad and I were supposed to go look at somewhere to live, but we both agreed not to move now. I guess overall it wasn't a good time. It was a mutual decision, though.

"Dad, I'm going for a run," I called out before slipping my sneakers on.

"Ok, I'm going to be out all day, doing some business with some people," he announced. I sighed as I knew what he meant by business. "I'll put a spare key under the mat for you,".

"Bye, dad." I said before leaving the house.

I jogged a little to the end of the street, before doing some stretches. In my opinion, Manhattan isn't the most ideal place to run in. But I deal with it.

I ran without stopping for a whole hour, before reaching a store in which I could buy a drink. I caught my breath before entering and walking straight to the bottled water.

"Sierra?" A deep voice soundes from behind me. I turned around and was instantly shocked.

"Uncle Ron!" I beamed. "How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" He replied, grinning.

"I'm fine, thank you. Is Alec okay after--?"

"Yes he's fine," Uncled Ron chuckled. "Boys and fights ey? What can you do?" He laughed. Clearly he doesn't know either that Alec has told me basically everything.