Chapter Nine

I was almost certain that during my very quick ride home that I was going to crash. There seemed to have been more cars than usual on the road and I guess it didn't help at all that I was going 15 over the speed limit. Thankfully, I didn't get pulled over.

As soon I got home, I searched the house for my dad but he was nowhere to be found. I just want answers. How does he know Harry? However, that could easily be explained. Why is he being so sceptical about Harry? But once again, that could easily be explained, too.

Everyone is being so confusing lately. Right now, I don't even know whether anything I have ever been told is the truth or not. 

My thoughts go back to what Harry said at his house earlier.

'I guess you could say that I know him a lot better than you do.' Harry's voice ringed through my head. How could he possibly think that he knows my dad better than me? For crying out loud, he is delusional, insane even.

He's just doing it to get inside your head. Maybe that's his little game. I thought to myself.

I sigh before laying on the sofa to watch one of my favourite movies 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith'. I have always loved it. The plot is great. Basically, the couple quickly fall in love and get married, although after about five or six years or marriage, it is starting to break. However, there is a twist which makes it even better. In reality, the couple are both skilled assassins working for different firms, both among the best in their field. Each is concealing their true profession to their spouse. Later on, when their professions are revealed to one another, each of them is assigned to eliminate the other. 

I think I may have watched this film over twenty times, it is so good. My favourite actors are in it, too, which makes it even better.

Half-way through the movie, my phone vibrates indicating that I had recieved a text. I quickly unlocked my phone, only to realise that yet again, the number was unknown.

Unknown Number

"Don't believe everything you hear."

I groaned before throwing my phone across the room - not too hard though so it wouldn't smash - and sitting upright before pausing the movie. Who keeps texting me? This is may only be the second text, but it's worrying me. I don't know who this person is. This time, I am sure that it is not my dad. It could be Harry, although that wouldn't make sense at all. It wouldn't add up. 

I decide that it's probably nothing, maybe someone is just trying to mess with my head. If I get another text - depending on what is said - then I will mention it to my dad, but right now, I am just going to leave it be. I am certainly not going to reply, because that is what they want and I do not want to give them that satisfaction.

I pad over to the other side of the room to retrieve my phone - which thankfully, was not damaged - and sat back down on the sofa just as my dad decided to walk through the front door.

"Sierra?" He called.

"In here, Dad!" I called back almost immediately. He walked into the room and ruffled my hair. Oh. "Did you just call me Sierra?" I chuckled before placing my phone on the coffee table in font of me.

"Hm, I did, didn't I?" He laughed. "How was your day?" He added. His simple, yet ironic question reminded me yet again of my previous conversation with Harry.

I sighed before answering. "It was... interesting." I forced a smile.

"How so?" He asked, while sitting down on the opposite sofa before lifting his legs and placing his feet on the coffee table in the middle of us. I sighed which made my dad roll his eyes and laugh, then re-position himself. "Sorry." He said in a mocked tone.