Chapter Sixteen

After talking with Harry yesterday at the coffee shop, I seemed to have become a lot more intrigued about him. Sure, he is pretty closed off in some way or another but we all are, really, we all have something to hide. But I know there's more to Harry than just a guy covered in tattoos and goes to school.

*****

School today wasn't too bad at all, I spoke to Harry in English and at lunch and I tried getting some information on Harry from Scott in French, but that was a hit and miss. I guess I'll just have to get to know him tonight.

Speaking of tonight, I only have 20 minutes until Harry gets here. 7pm he said, sharp, so I'm counting on him actually turning up this time.

I finished applying some make up and straightening my hair before padding over to the chest of drawers in my room to look for spare tights to take with me - I tend to rip my tights somehow, so I like to take a spare just in case. I opened the draw and shoved me hand in before searching the draw. All I could feel was my underwear, until I came across something hard, I furrowed my eyebrows before gently gripping the item and pulling it out.

My jaw dropped and confusion took over me.

It was a hand gun.

What the fuck was it doing in my draw? I knew my dad had one or two guns around the house somewhere, but not in my own room. It must have been put there recently, because I would have noticed it otherwise.

"It's yours to keep in your room in case something happens." A voice sounded from behind me. I gasped before quickly turning around. My dad was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over, staring at me.

"What?" I said nervously. Sure, I've trained with multiple guns in the past year, but I still get shook up holding one, and knowing that this has been in my room makes me feel quite uneasy.

"You may need it sometime, you will never know, and I just wanted to be sure that you would be safe if I ever have to away on work again - which of course happens a lot." He sighed.

"But, I don't-"

"I know you don't want it, but it's just for me to feel more at ease when I'm away." He argued.

"Dad, I can't, I really can't keep this in my room." I argued back.

"Please, Destiny, it will give your old man some peace of mind." He sighed once again, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I hesitated before nodding then placing the gun back in it's original position. I can't say i'm comfortable with this at all, but if it calms my dad's mind then I guess I should keep it here. 

"Thank you and just so you know, it was Alec who put it there, not me, in case you were wondering. Where are you going tonight?" He asked, scanning my outfit choice.

"Just out for a little bit, I'm not sure where though." I smiled before eventually finding my tights and closing the drawer shut. I walked over to my bag and slung it over my shoulder before checking the time on my phone. "Look, Dad, I have to go, Harry will be here in-"

"Harry?"

"-two minutes." I finished. 

"You're going out with Harry? He's trouble, damn it. How many times do I have to tell you." He pulled his hair before taking a step back.

"Dad, I'm 18, I can go out wherever and with whoever I like." I said sternly. I quickly patted my outfit down before brushing past my dad then running downstairs. 

"Destiny Sierra Hills, do not walk away from me like that." My dad shouted from the top of the stairs. I scoffed before swinging the door open and taking a step outside, I quickly slammed the door shut then turned to walk down the stairs, but instead I bumped into a tall figure.