Chapter Thirteen

"Ready?" Alec asked as he walked onto the grass.

"Sure." I replied, finishing my stretches.

"Alright. Let's pretend that right now, we are in a fight. You can pick up that knife.." he paused to point to the table of weapons - knives of different sizes, a rifle and a pistol - "but no guns. Just your body, mind and that knife to defend yourself, to attack, etc." He said.

I nodded in reply, taking every detail in making sure I understood what he said. I hate it having to use the weapons, just in case something happens, but Alec is fully trained so I guess I shouldn't worry too much.

"When you're ready..." Alec sighed. "Look, you've been doing this for two years, you know how this goes and not once has it ended badly. This is just training."

I nodded before taking a sharp breath then throwing my fist towards Alec, he ducked and swung his arm over mine, bending it which made me lose my balance slightly then bringing his knee up to my stomach. My hand flew to his knee and grabbed hold of it, pushing it down as I pulled my arm out of his grasp. I turned around and ducked as his leg swung over my body, as soon as I stood up, his fist came into contact with my nose although we carried on fighting - Alec had always told me to ignore any injuries unless they are serious - I threw another punch towards him with such force. My fist came in contact with his jaw which made him stumble backwards ever so slightly, but it gave me enough time to retrieve the knife from the selection of weapons. We both stared at each other for a second before I attempted to launch the knife at him - Alec had also taught me how to go to stab someone without actually making any sort of contact or injury, obviously for training purposes - which only made him grab the handle and my wrist in his large, bare hand twisting it slightly, but it was enough to make me drop the knife instantly. I brought my knee up to his stomach with great force, which made him double over in pain although he quckly recovered. I took a deep breath  before throwing another punch at his face, but this time I came in contact with his mouth. He spat out blood before wiping his mouth with his sleeve, then spitting out blood once again. The amount of the red liquid became progressively worse between the both of us. We both coughed and spluttered before finally taking a break and cleaning ourselves up.

"That was good, not your best at all, but it was good. Although you did get a few more punches in this time." Alec commented.

I coughed before answering. "Thanks for the bloody nose. I'm going out tonight." I sighed. "I'm going to look like an idiot with a white plaster across my nose, what if he asks what happened? I can't tell him aboutthe fact that I do this sort of training... it's not normal." I finished, still trying to catch my breath.

"How many time have you had an injury like this?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me. "A lot. You know that we have to practice full contact to an extent. Anyway, who are you going out with? Harry?" He looked at me with a confused expression.

"No, Blaine." I sighed. Alec does not like Blaine at all, especially after what happened between us. What Blaine did is something that Alec will never forgive him for. Although, I can't help but think that it's something much more than that. I don't know what it is or why, but I just have this uneasy feeling.

"Blaine? That fucking prick who-"

"Yes. I'm sorry. He wanted to explain a few things to me, it's no big deal. Besides, I know self defense." I winked. Alec laughed before speaking.

"Don't get back with him or however you want to put it, he's a prick." He sighed, ruffling his hair with his free, bloodless hand. I noticed it was still covered in blood so I reached out for the bottled water and towel before handing them to him.

"Clean up." I said. "And, I won't, don't worry." I smiled.

"Good."

"What's next?" I asked. By this point I had caught my breath and was ready to continue.

"I just want to go over with you what have covered since you started your training." He looked at me. I nodded in agreement as I thought it was a good time to do so.

"So, you know all the basics of self-defense and we have also gone into 'detail' in a way, so you know pretty much everything about that. You know how to control the weapons you use, you have a good aim and things like that, even the guns, you handle them well.." I took a sharp breath before he continued. "You have martial arts covered, and you know when to use each skill. You understand all the equipment that we have to use and when it is needed for and your muscles have been built well." He breathed, looking at me with concern.

"Is there anything else left?" I asked. He shook his head slowly. "Alec.." I paused just as he looked up at me making eye contact. "Why am I doing all this? Is it really necessary? It's not normal at all." I sighed.

"Sierra, don't start this." He sighed with frustration.

"But.." I paused. "Alec, what the fuck is that?" I screamed, pointing towards something hidden between two bushes. "It's a fucking camera. What the hell?" I screamed once again, instantly getting up from my seat and backing away very slowly.

"Sierra, you need to listen to me." He said, while walking over to me and grabbing my arm. "It's just to uh, to check on your progress. That's all." His eyes qucikly darted to something behind me. I tried to turn around but his grip on me didn't allow me to.

"To check my progress? I don't understand any of this at all. You should have told me that there was a camera in my garden. Please turn it off." I cried, literally.

"Okay, I will turn it off in just a second." 

"Thank you." I breathed. "Let me ask you one thing, this is more than just for self-defense, isn't it?" I asked. I felt completely defeated.

 "I shouldn't be the one to tell you what this is for but..."

A/N: Any hints as to what is going on? Plus, do you guys have any idea of the plot of the story? Do you think I'm rushing into the story or is it all okay? Lastly, do you even like what I'm trying to do? Sorry for all the questions, but please be truthful! Hope you're all doing really well. Sorry that this is a short update. Love you loads.