Chapter Three

Hi, so I recently changed my twitter user, it is now @mindlessxwriter.. So follow me there!

(Destiny) Sierra's  P.O.V

I'm curious as to why Harry wants to meet me before lunch, so instead of letting my curiosity drive me insane, I will go see him.

Before I know it, yet another class has finished and I find myself searching for Harry as we all pack up. I briefly see him walking out the door, probably heading to the school entrance to meet me. I laugh to myself as I head to the door.

I walk out of class then head to my locker so I can put my textbooks in there.

I quickly fix my hair in the small mirror that barely covers half of the locker door. I sigh as I slam it shut and start making my way to Harry.

As I step out the entrance doors, I look to my left to find a group of seniors smoking. Lovely, and to think that I used to hang with them, until they completely turned against me. I roll my eyes at how idiotic they are before looking to my right to find a tall, curly-haired guy also smoking. I gasped in shock.

"So you smoke?" I asked in disbelief. 

He glances up but then goes back to scrolling through his phone which is in his right hand. He looks pretty hot right now, leaning against the wall, dressed in all black with a grey bandana wrapped around his head pushing his brown locks back. He has a few tattoos scattering his wrist and arms, I can't quite make them out though. I can see the devlish smirk plastered on his face as I take a step closer.

"Harry?" I growled abruptly. His eyes snapped up to meet my glare while slowly taking a drag then pulling his cigarette out of his mouth.

He sighed, as if he was hesitating. "We shouldn't be friends" He simply stated before sticking his cigarette back into his mouth, then diverting his attention back to his phone.

"Why?" Right now I am confused and just flustered.

"It's just not a good idea, alright? Now please leave me alone."

"Oh. Well, okay." I honestly did not know what to say. I don't know why I was so disappointed. What was I thinking? Someone like him wouldn't want to speak to me. But what I don't understand is why I gave in so easily.

I sighed heavily and quickly spun on my heels back into school to search for Rylee.

It only took a few minutes to find her. She was standing by our lockers, talking to Scott, the other new guy. I haven't spoken to him yet, but it looks like Ry has that covered.

"Rylee!" I called out, waving to her as I strolled over.

"Hey babe. This Scott, he is also a senior, like us, and he is in your History and French class so maybe you guys can sit with each other. Scott, this is Sierra, my best friend" Rylee smiled brightly with her white teeth on show.

"Hi, yeah I'd like to sit with you, Sierra. It's nice to meet you." He greeted, flashing me a friendly smile while shaking my hand.

"You too and no problem" I returned his smile. He seems very nice. "So you're friends with Harry, right?" He doesn't seem like the type of person Harry would hang with.

"Yeah" he chuckled.

"How come you guys both moved here the same time? Wait, you're not related, are you?" I asked nervously. Why am I talking to him about Harry?

"Long story, I guess. No, babe, we're not" He smiled as I nodded.

"Have you guys forgotten about me or something?" Rylee scolded us for blocking her out. Scott and I couldn't hold back out laughter as we looked at her. She pouted and playfully hit Scott's arm which made him pretend to cry out in pain. I can tell that Rylee likes him.

"I"ll see you later, Rylee." He grinned. "And I'll meet you in class after lunch, Sierra" He nodded.

"Of course" I laughed. He is the complete opposite of Harry. How can they possibly know each other?

"Alright, bye guys" He waved to us before calling out to some guys.

"Bye.." Rylee whispered, then sighed as she leaned her back against her locker, smiling to herself.

"RyRy's got a cru-ush" I sang. She shot me a glare then rolled her eyes. RyRy is her old nickname. She hates it.

"He's cute and so.. nice, lovely, sweet. Ugh, I don't know. I like him." She sighed in content.

"I like this" I said.

"You like what?" She questioned me, confusion shown clearly in her beautiful features. She is honestly so lucky. The way her dark brown, almost black, slightly waved hair cascades over her shoulders. Her eyes are a beautiful and glossy chestnut brown. She has such an incredible personality too.

"Seeing you... happy. It's very relaxing and refreshing"

"I am happy. Despite what's going on at home, I am so happy. I have you, there's a guy who might be interested in me and I have my future." She beamed. Her eyes lighting up as she speaks.

"You deserve all the happiness you can get." I smiled. "So are you still coming to mine tonight?"

"Of course, I can't wait! But right now, I need to go to Drama to talk to Ms. Franklin. I'll see you after last period." She replied as she pulled me in for a hug which I gladly accepted. "Wait for me at the entrance!" She called as she jogged away.

I sighed as I slowly made my way to History.

***

Last period dragged a little, but talking to Scott got me through it. He is so sweet. I found out that he used to live here 8 years ago for 2 years, then moved back to England for a while. I asked why he moved here for the second time but he just tensed up and told me to forget about it. His reaction was unexpected but I let it slide, knowing that pushing this topic would not go down too well.

I met Rylee outside of school at the end and we drove to her house so she could pick her stuff up and then we came back to mine.

I feel like an awful friend right now. I want to help Ry as much as I can but I can't seem to divert my attention to her. My mind is focused on Harry and why he suddenly told me that we can't be friends. Does he hate me? Does he find me annoying? Is it the way I look? I can't help but feel so stupid to think that I could make new friends or whatever.

".. and they just keep fighting. I can't do this anymore." She sighed with exasperation before looking up at me. "You weren't listening, were you?" She chuckled lightly before pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"Of course I was listening." I fumbled with my fingers before looking up. "You know what, Ry? You are one of the strongest people I know. You have been through so much that I know that you can fight through anything. Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything that you have faced, all the battles you have won and all the fears you have overcome. Now, tell me, you're a lot stronger than you think you are, right?" I smiled.

 "Destiny... I mean, Sierra, I really do love you. Come here" She grinned while forcefully pulling me into a hug. "Now what's on your mind?" She asked. I rolled my eyes at her and tried to struggle from her grip that she was still holding, then I tried ripping her arms from me which was I successful. I sighed before sitting up and telling her everything that happened today. I can trust Rylee with my life. She knows pretty much everything about me, as do I about her. We could pass as sisters, we even questioned our parents about whether or not we were separated at birth.

After an hour or so of talking non-stop, we decided that we should get some sleep. Rylee was out like a light, whereas my thoughts were consumed with the curly-haired guy whom I had met just today. Before my insomnia kicked in, I shook away all thoughts of Harry before drifting off into sweet slumber.

Hopefully, soon I will be able to get to the exciting parts of the story. The plot is already decided and I know where I am going with this, so just bare with me, this is all just the build up.

Hope you're all well! I love you!