How Cruel

3rd POV

Hey, let's hang out tomorrow night. (7:09 pm)

My place. (7:10 pm)

. . .

Amy wipes down her top and pants, smoothing any creases as she exits her car and walks up the path. Sonic's text messages yesterday were real ominous, considering that he normally calls and that he'd been at the gathering just last week for Shadow. It wasn't odd that he'd want to get together, since they'd been doing that more often within the month.

She's probably overthinking the texts.

Ringing the doorbell, she takes a breath in before the blue hedgehog for the evening opens up the door and smiles.

"Hey, Ames." He says, and steps aside so she can walk in.

"Hey," Amy follows him as he heads upstairs. She's surprised when they go into his bedroom instead of the game room. "is Tails here?"

They both sit down on his bed, Amy makes sure to keep herself closer to the end, already on edge to how odd this entire situation is to her, and Sonic flicks his nose with a chuckle.

"He's out today testing one of his prototypes! Cream's with him as well I think."

That's news. Though Amy shouldn't be too surprised, it wasn't as if her and Cream were back to talking daily. She watches as Sonic sits against the headboard of his bed and crosses his legs, similar to Amy's single leg that's bent; the other hanging off the ledge of the bed.

"That's nice. I'll have to checkout some of his recent stuff whenever I get the chance." She pauses, decides to rest her gloved hands in her lap consciously and looks Sonic's way, "So what'd you wanna do?"

Sonic's smile drops almost immediately after the words are said, and it has Amy's posture stiffening. What was that? She knits her brows in concern.

"I actually wanted to talk about some things."

Now, this is news to Amy. According to her knowledge, after he'd apologized for being kind of a dick before they went up to the Ark, they didn't have any other problems to sort out. She's not assuming there's a problem either, just judging by his demeanor and the tone in which he just spoke says there's something weighing on his mind.

"Sure, what's up?" She says, and Sonic's lip flatten in thought.

"Are you and Shadow dating?"

Amy's eyes widen in disbelief and she indignantly flares at the hedgehog, "Sonic, you've asked this so many times and I keep telling you-"

"-That it's none of my business. Yeah, I know, but I'm also asking because honestly, I'm just waiting on you to tell me that you are, because i already know." He interrupts, and Amy shuts her mouth audibly.

They weren't trying to hide it per say, but they weren't exactly coming out with their relationship either. Even though her and Shadow hadn't explicitly talked about if they want to go public or not, somehow they'd mutually accepted keeping things slow and to themselves. After all, they've always had their own pace.

Her not caring to tell Sonic was another matter on the other hand. It's personal to her.

"I saw you guys kiss after Capture the Flag." He adds.

Amy flinches back in shock, and she stares at Sonic as she takes in his words. He somehow saw their first genuine kiss?

That was months ago.

She doesn't know what to say.

"I didn't know you guys were dating until up on the Ark when I watched you lose him. When i watched you get him back." Sonic runs a hand over his knuckles as he speaks, and Amy has to remind herself to close her mouth and to wet her drying lips from the way they've been parted. "I wanted to say sorry, at the party last week back at Shadow's place, but every time I had seemed to find you you were already being whisked away by him."