Chapter 13

Trey was pronounced dead at the scene when the police found him. Another member of the crew was gone. Something weird was going on.

PJ spoke to his crew, "I know times have been hard with D's murder and now Trey. We're going to get through this. We're family."

They dispersed still saddened as PJ walked off alone lighting a joint. It wasn't long before his new right hand man joined him.

"You need anything?" Rod asked.

"Find everything you can about what happened that night. Then find Kenny's ass."

"For what?"

"I kick him out and Trey gets killed? That don't sit right with me." PJ said thinking of different scenarios.

~~~~~~~

Toni sat up on the couch hearing the door open. Her nerves calmed when Kenny walked in.

"Where were you? I was looking for you." She asked stretching.

He held up a takeout bag, "I got you breakfast."

"You didn't have to do that." She said watching him come around to sit the food on the coffee table.

"I wanted to."

"Thank you." She said as they stared at each other. She quickly looked away, "I must look terrible."

"Never."

He got up to search for his food as she checked her phone seeing missed calls and texts.

"What happened to Trey?" She asked standing up from the couch and facing him.

"Nothing." He said avoiding eye contact as he dug in the bag.

"Now you're lying to me." She said disappointingly as she walked away.

"Wait." He said running after her. He grabbed her hand making her turn to him, "Look, I don't want you to worry."

She scoffed, "The last thing I'll ever worry about is Trey."

"He's dead."

"What?"

"He got hit by a car."

"Wow." She breathed out.

Kenny squeezed her hand, "I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"No it's fine. It's just...you're the only person who actually tells me the truth. Don't stop because you're worried about me."

"Got it. 100% honesty from now on." He promised.

She smiled, "Thank you."

"Can we eat now?" He chuckled. She nodded as they went back to the living room. He looked around, "Where's Josiah?

"Still sleeping. Apparently being a toddler is a full time job."

"I'll put his breakfast up for him."

"So, what are you gonna do now that you are no longer apart of the Idiot Society?" She asked.