Chapter 12

"Good morning." Zhané said as Toni opened the door.

"Hey." She said hugging her friend.
Zhané sighed, "I know it's been a while but I've been so busy and I figured you needed some space."

"It's cool, I'm happy you're here now."

"So what have I missed?" She asked as they walked over to the couch.

Toni shook her head unsure where to start, "Darnell got some hoe pregnant. She wants money of course. The guys and Meredith are constantly breathing down my neck like I'm suppose to be losing my mind or something. Then last night Josiah picked up a gun and I haven't been the same since."

"What?! How did he even get a gun?" Zhané asked I'm shocked.

"It doesn't matter. I know he's only a baby but I don't want him to be like his father. I knew Darnell would end up dead or in prison if he kept dealing. I just didn't think I'd lose him this soon."

"Oh honey." She said pulling Toni into her embrace."Baby J is going to be fine because he's got you for a mommy. You're both going to be okay. He's not going to be like his dad. My godson is going to college and make something of himself." She stated making Toni feel a lot better.

~~~~~~~

Later that afternoon, Toni turned the shower water off with a sigh. She stayed in longer nowadays to escape the idiots. She missed Kenny as much as she didn't want to admit it. Lost in thought as she stepped out, she didn't even noticed the door open. When she did she gasped loudly as Trey snuck in.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" She asked holding the towel tightly around herself.

He put his finger to her lips, "Shh! You're going to wake the baby-"

"Get out of here!"

"Come on, you let Kenny lame ass hit but I can't?" He asked grabbing her waist.

She pushed at his chest, "Get off of me!"

"Shut up!" He said grabbing her by her neck as he pushed her onto the counter.

"Stop!"

"Yo!" They heard from downstairs signifying PJ was there. For the first time Toni was actually happy he came over.

"What a shame, maybe next time." Trey said pecking her cheek before walking out.

A few tears slipped down her cheek as she let out a breath of relief. She ran her fingers through her hair before quickly getting dressed.

~~~~~~~

Kenny woke up from his nap to frantic knocking. He rubbed his eyes as he closed his laptop. He had been looking for a real job all day. He got up going to the door and opening it.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." Toni said softly.

"Hi Ken." Josiah said excitedly. Kenny chuckled waving at him.

Toni tucked her hair behind her ear, "I'm sorry for just showing up-"

"No it's fine, come in."