Chapter 22: The Hacker Girl

The inside of the shed looked like it was built very well by someone who obviously wasn't her. The wood was straight, the nails were tight, and it looked very comfortable. The floor was covered by a comforter and pillows were on each corner. They didn't need to crouch to get inside, it fit them well without the need to do that. The girl was leaning against some pillows in a corner with a laptop on her lap and a phone sitting on her charging iPad.

"Woah..." Kirishima said, looking around.
"Yeah." Kaito said. "She's had this place since she was like, what, 9?"
"8." The girl corrected.

"So, Hisa, this is Kirishima."
"Wait, Hisa? I thought her name was Sako?"
"Her name is Hisako."
"Oh. Pretty name."

"Where's the money, Red?" Hisako asked, holding out her hand and making an "asking for something" gesture. Kirishima gave her a wad of cash. She smiled at it and shoved it into a Totoro backpack that sat next to her.

"C'mere, Red." She patted on the empty space next to her. Kirishima sat down there, and Kaito leaned on another pile of pillows. Kirishima sent her the picture of the window. She smirked. "Really? You can't do this yourself? Aren't you in a hero school?" She said.

"Yeah, but we don't really study this kind of stuff."
"Ha. This is why the education system is a pile of shit."
"Hey, you shouldn't be swearing, kid."
"I'm a year younger than you!"
"And even I don't swear as much."
"Yeah, cause you're a loser."
"And you're not very nice."
"You don't need to be nice as long as people need you. That's why I hack things for people. They need me, whether I'm nice or not."

Kirishima stayed quiet for a while. He watched as Hisako took the photo and suddenly several small tabs opened up, all with pictures that, at first, looked nothing like the picture Kirishima sent, but the deeper she went, the more alike the pictures became. Kirishima looked into her eyes, that were focused on the laptop screen. The pictures on it reflected into her eyes.

He had to admit, she was pretty cute.

'No, Kiri, now's not the time to be more bisexual than usual.' He thought to himself. But then again, it's not like he would be dating his crush any time soon, Kaito was going to swoop in and be the hero. So there wasn't anything wrong with asking someone else out.

"Hey, so, uh...I, uh..." he never asked someone out before, and no one ever asked him out. He's only ever seen this kind of thing in anime and on TV.

"Uhm, are you, uh, single?"
Hisako snorted, but Kirishima found it cute.
"Ha! Is this your way of asking me out?"

She put down the laptop, and all the movement on the screen stopped. She moved her body to face his and looked him in the eyes. Her expression was a mix of smug and suspicious.

"Well? Was it?"
"Uh...yeah?"
"Wow. You're really bad at that. You probably don't get any pussy! Bet anyone can top you."
"Hey! I can top. I can top you even."
"Wanna find out after a date?"
"7:30pm tomorrow night?"
"Fine."
"Fine!"

They shook hands, and Hisako put the laptop back on her legs and continued her work.

"Lmao, you guys fuckin' suck." Kaito teased. "You need a date to get to someone's pants? Ha! Once I get to Bakugou all you guys'll hear are..." he made a creaking bed sound and a humping movement.

"Ugh," Kirishima rolled his eyes. "Do you even love him? Or do you just want a fuck buddy?"

"Uh, whaddya mean?"
"I mean, do you actually love him? Do you care about him? His personality? His likes? Dislikes?"

Kirishima stood up and walked toward Kaito.
"Loving someone doesn't just mean wanting their ass. It means caring for them, no matter what they did. Even though he's mean to most, if not all his classmates. Even if he doesn't know how to show people his real feelings, his real insecurities, his real trauma! Even though he hides everything to protect himself from being vulnerable and you don't know why!"

Kaito looked at him and chuckled.

"Fine." He said. "Then teach me how to love him. Teach me how to treat him the way you would, so I would be his perfect match, and so he won't be abused anymore."