Chapter 18: Failed Escape

"I...I...I'm sorry." Bakugou said, hanging his head. "I just...I just wanted to go home...but you're right...it was a stupid idea..."

"See? You're smart enough to know that!" Todoroki said with a smile, as he patted Bakugou on the head. He pulled his face up by the chin and kissed his lips.

"You're my baby boy. And I love you." He said, pulling away from the kiss. "And I want you to be surrounded by people who love you, like me."

"Don't worry, I'll keep you happy here. I'll buy you nice clothes and let you watch anything you want on Netflix. You won't want to leave soon." He said, wiping off a tear from Bakugou's face with his thumb.

"Now you should get some sleep." Todoroki said, patting Bakugou's head and getting off the bed. He tucked the boy in nicely, giving his head the pillows and his body the blanket.

"Goodnight." He said sweetly before leaving the room and locking the door.

The next day, Bakugou woke up early and saw the room during the daytime for the first time. It was bright and nice-looking. He definitely liked it more this way. He turned off the salt lamp and got off the bed. He didn't really feel like a prisoner that much anymore after that talk he had last night.

He just felt like he was living with someone he loved. He loved him right?

No, Katsuki. Don't give yourself that thought. Not again. You're not fooling yourself again.

He was on his way to the bathroom when he saw something new in the corner of his eye. It was a big paper bag on the edge of his bed. He didn't know why he didn't notice it first, but now he did.

He walked over to it and opened it. There was something pink and made of cloth in it. He took it out, and it was a really big pink sweater. Well of course it was bigger now, he was smaller. On the front it had a white anime eyes design that looked like it came from a manga, and on the sleeves it had the words "I love you" in Japanese.

"Is this..." He asked himself. "For me?"

Suddenly the door made a noise. Bakugou looked over at it, and saw Todoroki walk in. "Hey baby!" He greeted with a smile. "I see you've gotten my gift."

"Yeah, thank you!" Bakugou said.
"I got you a bunch of other cute clothes to fill up your new drawers. I'm sure you'd look adorable in them."
"Thank you, but you didn't have to, I have clothes at home I can just get the-"
"No! You can't go back there!"
"Why not?"
"Once you go back there they'll try to suck you in and keep you in there forever! Then they'll just keep abusing you for the rest of your life."

Bakugou wanted to visit home, but maybe not now. Hopefully Todoroki would let him do that soon. For now, he'll just have to do what he wants.

Todoroki left the room to get the other gifts. And since he was so excited, he left the door wide open.

There it was. The outside. Right there.
He knew if he didn't take this chance he'll regret it forever. So without thinking, and already wearing the pink sweater that almost reached his knees, he ran out the door.

He tried to carry his weight and make each step as quiet as possible. He went out the hall, passing the door of the room Todoroki was in, and turned left. From there he saw a kitchen on the left, a dining table on the right, and a living room at the center. He passed by the coffee table and hit his toe, cause the other foot to land on the floor loudly. He stopped to examine his toe, but once he remembered that he was escaping, he looked up and ran.

He opened the door and just as his head went outside, but his body was inside, he felt something on his waist. It pulled him back until he hit something hard and warm that covered his whole back. Todoroki's other hand closed and locked the door and then curled around his waist.

"Baby...why are you trying to leave? I thought I made you happy with that sweater..." he said sadly. "T-Todoroki...I'm sorry but...I can't live with you. I'm sorry."

He could feel the arms around his waist get tighter. "Why is that baby? Don't you love me?" He asked. "Of course I love you! I just...I don't wanna be held captive in some place!"

"This isn't just some place. This is our home. Jut think of it as a couple deciding to live together." Todoroki said.
By now Bakugou had had enough. He escaped the arms that were holding him and turned around to face Todoroki.

"We didn't decide this. You just kidnapped me and kept me here. We didn't decide anything, you did." He said angrily. But now that he was small and skinny, he didn't look as menacing or as scary as before. He looked like a bunny or a kitten trying to be threatening but failing.

Todoroki looked at him, then chuckled.
He suddenly pinned Bakugou to the closed door, holding on tightly to his arm with one hand and his chin in the other. "You're my baby. My puppy. My kitten. And you belong with me."

"I-I-"
"You're mine. And the sooner you get that through your thick skull, the sooner I can trust you to leave this apartment." He said through gritted teeth. "You belong with me. You were meant to be mine. All of your life being abused and mistreated and now that someone finally loves you, you're trying to get away from them?"

He was talking a lot of sense. He was treated badly all his life, but now someone loves him. So why should he try to escape?

Because he killed Shindou. And he might kill you if you make the wrong move.

He won't hurt you, he loves you. And he's the first person in your life who actually does.

But he killed someone.

For love.

All these thoughts were rushing through Katsuki's head at the same time. He didn't have enough time to think about all of them.

"You're right." He said. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again I promise." His voice was small and meek. Todoroki smiled and kissed him.

"Okay I forgive you. But for now my kitten has to be punished for trying to escape."