Chap.2

She just sat on the bed quietly, viewing every part of the room and wanting to know all the answers to all the various questions she had. And there was a knock at the door.

"May I come in mam?" A voice called out to her from outside the door.

"Yes" she said, and sat up straight, getting herself ready to see the face behind the voice.

The door opened and a middle aged, maybe around 40 years old, entered in with some delicious aromatic breakfast and a glass of orange juice.

She stepped closer to her and kept the tray on the bed. She then looked at her and smiled.

"I am Martha. Ronald calls me 'mother'.U can call me 'mother' too", she said to her slowly moving her hands on her hair.

"I am Scarlet" she finally spoke up to Martha " Mother, who is this Ronald? And how am I here? " she further queried.

"Well", Martha said giving her a soft look to calm her down. " Ronald is your to-be-husband, sweetie. He is the biggest business tycoon of US. He saw you at the nursery, picking up plants. He was passing by and he saw you."

Scarlet's eyes popped out. A business tycoon. Basically a very and obviously a very very rich man has kidnapped her.

"And- Go on, mother", Scarlet's feeble voice said.

"He Is kind of a stubborn man. He gets what he wants. He fell into you at your first sight. He wants you, scarlet", Martha said with intense worry in her voice.

This all had already given scarlet goosebumps. A rich spoiled brat wanted her like she was some kind of toy to play with. No, she wasn't going to let that happen at any damn cost. What the hell does this Richie Rich think of himself anyway. She looked at Martha as her queries still wasn't over.

"He could have asked me out. Why this kidnapping? " she further asked Martha.

"You have not been kidnapped, darling. You have been sold to Ronald. He has paid a fat amount for you to your parents" said Martha and as soon as she said this, scarlet slipped a beat. She couldn't believe what she heard. No, she did not just hear that, she kept telling herself.

"I hv been sold out by my parents?" Scarlet sobbed,"They couldn't have done anything worse than this."

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She has always had a tough childhood. Nathan, her elder brother, who died few years back, was the only one in the family who would take care of her. Scarlet's dad was a retired army general. He dint really liked Scarlet as she was a girl and she couldn't take his place in the army. Above that,her parents blamed Scarlet for the accident which took her brother's life as she was driving and lost control on the steering. Out of guilt, she left for further studies. For her, her parents were dead now after what they did to her. This was not the way they should have removed their grudge on her. Anything she would have forgiven but what they did to her was something she would neither forgive nor will she forget.