Ch.27

Sneaking out is hell not as easy as it sounds! So, here I was, peeping out the door, inspecting if everybody was off to bed or still awake. Because if awake, I'd probably would have to jump from the window or so. But thank heavens, I found noone in the corridor.

I tip-toed down the stairs wearing the worst clothes that I could find in hurry - Pajama, a t-shirt and a big hoodie because I was cold. I put my sneakers on as I can run easily in them, in case anybody sees me. How smart am I! I should be so proud of me.

My head hurt at the moment but I had to go. He needed me and everybody's going to be so pissed at me when they find out this but I had to go for him. Whatever's haunting him, I will deal with it. I just had to somehow reach Rose's place.

I slowly opened the main door and without a noise sneaked out of the house, jumped inside the car and started my journey. My watch said 11:45 pm. My hands shivered as I took the last turn to her place after a good drive of 20 mins.

I parked the car outside the gate of her villa and texted her to open the door. I waited outside the door and without minutes the door opened.

"Scarlett, you look terrible. Come inside" she pulled me inside engulfing me in a hug. I hugged her back.

"Where is he?"

"There..." she pointed upstairs at a door "He has been drinking. He has locked himself inside. Scarlett, I don't think it's safe going in there" she sounded too worried. I was worried as well but not for myself, but for him.

"Don't worry. I 'll go see him" I assured her and made my way upstairs. I stared blankly at the door before knocking.

Knocked once. There was no answer.

Twice. No answer again.

So I went for the third round.

"Rose, go away. Leave me the fuck alone" I heard him shout out loud. I flinched.

"Rony..." I took his name as gently as I could "Open up"

Silence.

Please say something. Don't be like this. I'm here for you. I'm not fucking leaving without you.

"I'm here, Rony. Let me in"

I was not giving up on you.

There was no answer. If at all he might have thought that I was going to leave, then hell I wasn't. Not without him. Even if I have to wait here for days, I would do that.

So I waited...

Ten mins
Fifteen
Twenty...

And the knob moved. He finally was opening the door and I stiffened.

You can do this!

The door cracked open and there was my man, shabby hairs, pale face, body smelling of alcohol, red eyes staring blankly at me, guilt clearly evident in them.

For a moment we kept looking at each other. He looked like a lost child, an abandoned, lonely child. I stepped inside the room and he moved backward, his eyes still glued at me. He took unsteady steps backwards and I locked the door and fearlessly walked towards him. I was not going to be scared of him.

I stood in front of him, slowly touching his face, the stubble on his chin and he shut his eyes tight. He was in pain. Why was he in pain? My heart sank at the thought of anything hurting him.

I put my arms around his neck, pulling my body towards his. He stiffened. I was going to prove him that I was not leaving him, not today, not anytime in future. He did not touch me. He was being resistant. But the stubborn bitch that I was, I came closer and there was no space in between us. His eyes were still shut tight. He was stinking with alcohol.

"Look at me" I whispered and he slowly opened his eyes. His hands found their way to my waist.

"I'm here. I'm not leaving you. See, I'm here. You can touch me. You can hold me. Talk to me"

He blinked twice. His arms now grabbed my body close to him. I could feel his heartbeat rapidly increase.

"I hurt you" He muttered, his voice unclear. Alcohol!

"Yes, you did. That was a mistake. We make mistakes"

"I'm not good for you" He moved his eyes from me staring at the ground when he said this.

You're the best for me, you dumbhead!

I gently grabbed his faced with my palms caressing his cheeks. His breaths were shallow now, beats getting faster. His grip tightened on me. This time he was being very careful with his actions. He was being as gentle as he could.

"Look at me" I demanded and his grey eyes found mine.

"I love you. I am not leaving you. You are the best for me. We will fix each other okay? I forgive you. I'm okay now. Believe me. I ain't going nowhere" I assured him.

He stared at me for a moment and suddenly his lips were on mine. He was kissing me and I responded. He needed it. I needed it. He demanded entrance and I let his tongue taste mine. He kissed me hard, passionate, hungrily. He kissed me like his life depended on it. I don't know about him, but mine surely did.

I will save you, Baby. You're going to be okay. And we're going to be together.

We parted, breathing heavily, still into each other arms.

"Don't leave me" he whispered, hugging me tight, clinging his body to mine, like a 5 year old scared of monsters.

"Never..." I stuck to him