Ch.26

I had no idea how long was I unconscious. I woke up to worried faces. I could see everyone except him. Where was Ronald? Why was I still worried about him?

Mason and Eileen were seated besides me. Mason, slowing rubbing my palms whilst Eileen, staring at me with concern. They were so worried, my heart ached. But somehow I couldn't stop wondering where he was?

I looked at Mason and pressed his fingers assuring him that I was okay. Their eyes were on me. Waiting for me to speak. Could I speak? Atleast I can try.

"Ronald..." was the first word I spoke while tears streamed down my face.

"You're not taking that bastard's name again, you got that?" Mason burst out at me.

"Stop yelling, babe" Eileen tried calming him down but he was too furious to listen.

I closed my eyes tight. Praying within that he was safe. I know he would have been devastated after what he did to me in rage. And nobody here would understand his state of mind at this moment. Even I was struggling with the same. Can I still be with him?

"You are not thinking of staying here with him, are you?" Johnson questioned me with a question mark on his face. I didn't reply and they knew what my answer was going to be. Yes, I was not going to prove myslef a coward and leave him. I wouldn't do that.

"You're not fucking staying here. You're moving in with Mason and me at his place" Eileen declared giving me if-you-argue-I-will-stab-you look.

I kept the silent mode on.

"You're not staying here, my child. Understand, you're not safe with him. Eileen and Mason will take good care of you" Mother said, walking in and sitting besides me.

It was good to see her here. She understands him. She has raised him. I had all my hopes that she will help me through all this.

"Let me stay here, mother" I requested with puppy dog eyes.

"I not going to allow him to torture you anymore" Mother said sternly and I couldn't cross her words.
Why was nobody trying to understand him?

"Let's leave her alone and let her rest guys" Annett said kissing my forehead "You're going to be fine, baby" she whispered in my ears. I smiled. These people are really my family.

"Take care, big girl" Johnson kissed my cheek before leaving.

They all passed on greetings to me before they left the room. I needed rest. Everything was too much to handle and I was weak at the moment, emotionally as well as physically. I wanted to call him but would he answer?

Three hours passed and my mind was still at war with itself. I did not have the courage to call him.

And then my phone rang. It flashed his name and my heartbeat ran fast.
I decided to answer.

"Ronald"

My voice was hardly a whisper.

"I love you, Scarlett" he said from the other side. I could make out he was drunk.

"I know. Where are you?"

"I don't deserve you" he sighed.

No don't say that. Please don't say that.

I will forgive you. Come back to me.

"Tell me where are you?" I queried and there was no answer.

Then someone answered after a good pause.

"He is safe, Scarlett. Don't worry. He is with me" Rose!

"Rose..."

"Yes, it's me. After what happened, he left and I got a call from him. The doctor was checking on you when he called. He was drunk so I asked him to come home but he refused so I had to take him to my place. Please don't misunderstand" she explained in one breath.

I sighed.

"Thank you, Rose. Honestly, thank you so much for everything you've been doing for us" I meant that.

"Scarlett, are you okay?" She was concerned.

"Yes, thank you for asking. Rose, I'm coming there. Please don't tell him"

"Babe, you've not yet recovered. I 'll bring him home right now if you want" she tried to convince me but I decided to go see him myself.

" I 'll come" I said and disconnected.

I 'll bring him back.