Ch. 43

Johnson's POV

I was furious. Furious, that she went out in my absence, got drunk and completely wasted. When we got to know about the girls sneaking out, we reached at the bar. I couldn't believe my eyes and the condition she was in. The dress she was wearing made my bloody boil.

"Anne..." I called out and she stopped in her tracks but her body still swayed. She was too fucking drunk to even stand properly.
She turned and smiled at me, taking unsteady steps towards me.

"Hey baby..." she purred, encircling her arms around my neck and snuggling in my chest "How did you get here? Did you miss Me?"

I couldn't fucking believe she had completely lost it. But I couldn't get angry on her right now. She wasn't stable and in her senses and I needed to take her home. The mere thought of what might have happened to her in my absence was making the veins in my brain blast with rage. I was never going to let her out of my sight again. Never.

I curled my arms around her place, holding her against my body. She was unable to take the weight of her own body. I could feel her sniff my cologne. Damn! This woman. I fucking loved her.

"You're not here for Me, are You?" She slurred. Alcohol! Why would she say that!

"Anne...you..."

"Are you here with the 'Pearl' girl?" She asked and that made my heart stop. She knew Pearl. How the fuck did she know Pearl?

I held her at arms length.

"What did you just say?" I growled, shaking her and her smile faded. Her eyes filled with sadness while she blinked multiple times trying to see me.

"I'm sorry I saw her text" she slurred again before falling into my arms and passing out.

I was doomed. Pearl was the girl I used to fuck with. I never had any genuine feelings for her. She loved me but I didnt. She met me few days back and I just dropped her home because she was too drunk to handle herself and that was all. I had no idea when did Anne read the text she sent me begging me to come back to her. And I was shocked that she never told me about it until last night.

I picked her up in my arms and drove back home, changed her clothes and put her to bed. I put the comforter up her chest and when she grabbed my hand and slowly rubbed her cheeks with the back of my hand, her eyes half open she smiled at me.

"I am never going to come between you and her" she whispered while tears escaped her eyes and she sniffled. The smile never left her face and that made me hate myself even more. I hurt her. She was misunderstanding things and hurting herself and she was hurting because of me. I was angry on her for sneaking out today but I was more angry on myself. I keep hurting her intentionally or unintentionally. I was bad for her but I did not have the courage to let her go. I'd fucking die than let her go. I wanted her pain to stop but explaining anything to her right now made no sense. I decided to wait until morning.

I slipped into the bed besides her and slowly pulled her body towards me, hugging her tight. She loved me. And no matter what, I was not going to give up on us.

She snuggled into my chest.

"Anne..."

"Hmm"

"I love You" I whispered.

"And Pearl?" She sniffled. My little drunk angel!

"No Pearl. Just Annette and John. No Pearl" I kissed her head.

She raised her head.

"No Pearl?" She asked staring into my eyes

"No Pearl" I assured, pecking her lips.

"I love you too" she whispered "Don't leave Me"

"Never"

I meant it. But I wasn't going to let her mistake slip. She was going to be punished tomorrow but before that I was going to surprise her. I hoped she'd like it.