Ch.18

He left leaving me with my blunders. I was stronger than I thought I was, and I was going to be stronger further too. Life had always knocked me down and I have always been a stubborn bitch, standing back up.

No matter what, I decided that the decision I made of helping Rose will be the decision I will stick to. Everybody makes mistakes. She did too. Mistakes don't bring a tag along with any person that he or she will repeat it again. Maybe she did really love him and was guilty about her betrayal. Something inside me ached for her and wanted to help her.

Suddenly my phone buzzed. An unknown number.

"Hello"

"It's me" I knew that voice. Rose!

"Hey there" I sounded pretty nervous. I found her intimidating.

"Listen...Can we meet up?"

" I'm afraid Rony won't let me out and there is no way he will let you in."

"He has to let me in,Scarlett. I have been invited to the party."

I wondered who would have invited her. Ronald, no ways, and Eileen, no ways again, she hated her.

"By whom?" I queried, suspiciously.

"Chanel"

Her name struck me like a thunder. I had no idea why would she do that, but for whatever reasons, I was upset. I shouldn't be, I know, bt I was. Maybe because I didn't want to see her. Maybe because it hurted me everytime the fact that Ronald once loved her like crazy.

"Okay Rose. We will meet up in my room. Please sneak in. Make sure Rony doesn't see you."

"Okay" She said and hung up.

There was something for sure which she wanted to tell me and this is why she wanted to meet up. Definitely something about Ronald. I didn't want to hear but I, for some weird reasons, couldn't deny her. As I sucked in oxygen with deep breaths, the chest in my pain severed.

You can't back down now,Scar. You gave your word to Rose. Do not forget that.

I nodded at my subconscious as she flashed a devilish smirk at me. Somehow it had to be done. And it will be done. My word which I gave her will be obeyed and then I will disappear like I never existed. This was the plan. Ronald deserved his happily ever after. Just not with me.

It was five in the evening. I peeped outside the balcony. It was dull and shady. The lamplight of the lawn had already been lit which was enhancing the view even more. I knew I would miss all this badly. I would miss my room, Mother and her delicacies and Eileen ofcourse. And him. I would miss him. I would suffer his absence.

There was a sudden turmoil outside my room. Faint voices fell on my ears as I stepped towards the door.

"Yes?" I tried to figure out who was it, when I heard a familiar voice.

"It's me Rose. Open up before Ronald sees me and chops my head off"

I giggled at that one, pulling the door open.

So,Miss Rose had a sense of humour as well.

And there she was, Rose, in a beautiful pink gown, perfect makeup, beautiful green eyes, staring at me, then suddenly shoving me inside the room and closing the door,panting heavily.

"You okay. Rose, breathe" I instructed her. She let out a light laugh. I was a seeing a whole new Rose today, making jokes, laughing.

"I am fine. Thank you." She assured me.

We checked on the door one last time assuring ourselves that it's locked. Both sighed in relief.

Things left unsaid were now going to be split out.