Ch. 47

Scarlett's POV

I had been worried about Eileen since that little fight between her and Mason. She left for some place which we had no clue about and that got me even more worried. I wanted her safe. We wanted her safe just didn't know how?

We all called her multiple times but she did not answer. It was morning 8 am and I called her again. This time she answered

"Where the fuck have you been?" I yelled at her.

"I'm sorry...sorry... Im with Mason. We're okay" she said in a groggy voice.

"You fuckin scared us all. You're so irresponsible, Elle"

"Scar, I'm sorry okay? We're both coming back home. I'll see you"

"Come home soon. I'm waiting" I said and hung up.

I put my face in my hands and sighed. It was a relief talking to her. She was okay. So was Mason. They got back home in an hour and they seemed fine, back to how they were. Annette and John left for Maldives. John had to take care of some business and like always, Anne accompanied him.

Ronald encircled his arms around my waist, pulling me back to bed. He grabbed me like a pillow, almost killing me by his grip but I let him. I wore full covered clothes for I didn't want anybody to look at the marks that he gave me. They'd all pounce on him again and I didn't want that. I wanted to deal with Rony in my way.

I felt him gently rub his finger on a mark on my neck. I hesitantly looked at his face which now had a tormented look.

"Why didn't you stop me?" He asked.

"I was scared you'd..."

"Hurt you again?" He completed and I nodded.

"It's okay, Rony. Don't think about it" I slowly covered my neck with my hoodie.

He sighed and dug his face in my chest.

"I don't want to do this to you anymore. Im so tired of myself" he whispered.

"You'll be okay. Ron, everything's okay. Just shut up, dont think too much and get your ass to work" I mocked, kissing his hair.

He raised his head, looked at me, his body on top of me, his hands all over me.

"I love you" He said, his face still serious.

"You better!" I winked at him before taking his 80 kgs off my body and shoving him in the bathroom to go get ready for work.

Rony and Mason were off to work, while me and Elle sat there by the lawn, sipping coffee. Life hasn't been easy on us but we did tackle everything so well. I was happy Elle was here and everything was good with her. She was still a little scared of Mason but I knew he loved her and that he'd do anything for her.

"Scar?"

"Hmm?"

"It's so hot and you're wearing a hoodie? Are you okay?"

"Yeah just, a little... sick" I stammered. I didn't want her to see the bruises, the marks.

"Take the hoodie off" she demanded, narrowing her eyes at me.

I stood up, hiding eyes from her.
"Elle, let it go" I crossed my hand across my chest.

"He did soemthing to you, didn't he?"

"Elle, CAN YOU FUCKING STAY OUT OF THIS" I yelled.

"Okay. Don't tell me. I'm calling Mason. You better answer him" she said holding her phone, dialing his no when I snatched her phone from her hand. She gave me death stares.

"Okay. I ll show you. Just don't react and don't tell anyone. PLEASE" I emphasised on please. She nodded. I took off my hoodie and let her see the marks, which were now bruises.

"He did this?" She asked. I nodded.

"Scar, why?"

"The night we got drunk. He saw me sitting with some guy. He got too posessive. He started doubting me. I just couldn't stop him" I sighed, wearing the hoodie back again.

"You need to leave him. He's toxic"

"I love him, Elle"

She sighed and hugged me tight.

"Someone hug me too?" We heard a voice. A woman, in her late 50s stood there dressed so elegantly, I couldn't take my eyes off her.

"Aunt Mellisa..." Elle ran to her and gave her a death hug.