Ch.24

She pushed me inside the room and locked the door. I looked at her, confused. Ever since that day after I saw them both together, I did not speak to her. But I did make sure that I keep my promise and I did. I was leaving him for her. What else does she want now?

She turned towards me, shaking her head in fury, both hands folded at her chest, staring at me. Just staring.

"What?" I grumped "What is it?"

She sighed and walked towards me, took me by my arm and made me sit down. Her expressions were soft now.
Why she has to be so unpredictable!

There was a loud bang on the door and then a loud roar.

Who else could that be!

"Rose, open the door. Let her go" Ronald!

" Can someone teach him the word patience?" Rose whispered to me with a smile then yelled back to him,

"She is fine, Ronald. I ain't a cannibal. Calm down and give us girls a moment please"

And the banging did not stop, neither did the voices calling out to me and Rose. Eileen, Rony and the others asking me and Rose to open up but Rose turned her deaf ears to that.

She held my hand in hers and sighed.
Looking down, not looking at me. Thinking maybe. The curiousity was killing me and I needed to know what was wrong. Was she okay? Was Rony okay? It has to be something serious.

"Tell me" I demanded.

She sighed, then looked at me. I nodded in assurance that I'm ready for whatever it was. But was I?

"Okay..." She began...

"This is all wrong. All of this... is... wrong"

"What is... wrong?" I did not get it, whatever she was talking about.

"What you did down there, Scarlett! That's wrong" she said, shaking her head.

"We decided that, Rose. Why would you say that to me? This is right. You have him. You got him...the...other...night" I whispered, releasing my hand from hers.

"This is a misunderstanding, Scarlett.
We were wrong. Me and him, we're over and it's not possible to get us back. He has moved on and..." She stopped...gulping down the rest of the words down the throat.

"And what, Rose?"

"He is in love with you. Madly in love with you. Me and Ronald were together for a while that day. Just talking about something that was happening to him" she revealed.

My heart cried. What's happening with him. I sensed he was not okay. On the other side, my heart rejoiced. He loved me. He was in love with me.
Thousands of questions swam across my head.

If he loves me, why would he go to her and talk to her about whatever was troubling him?

What was the secret?

Was Rose lying?

But she had no reason to lie.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

The bangings went on.

"Rose" That was Eileen.

" I 'll break the door if you don't get her out, Rose" And that was Ronald.

"Scarlett, say something" Annette!

Rose giggled. I raise my brow.

" They all think I'm stabbing you inside " She giggled.

This woman is crazy. Completely crazy. But I liked her. It takes a lot of courage to let go of someone you feel for. Rose was doing it with so much of  grace. Coming up to me and speaking to me like this would have taken her ample of courage. Being selfless is not a easy task to achieve.

"Thank you" I said, smiling at her.

"I am happy for the both of you. You are an amazing person, Scarlett. Let me tell you this. He's broken. He needs you. Don't give up on him. Talk to him. He will open up. It's going to take time and its not going to be easy. He will push you away at times and suffocate you to death. But hold on. Hold onto him. Only you can save him. Nobody else, but you"

I hugged her tight.

"Thank you for everything, Rose. I never knew this would happen" I tightened my grip.

"This is right and you guys are meant to be. Can you like... release me? Your grip is killing me" she laughed and I let ger go.

"I'm sorry " I said sheepishly and we both laughed. Just two ladies, understanding each other, feels good.

" Now let's move out before they all die of heart attack" she laughed.

What an amazing woman!

Who knew this would happen. I did not know. Minutes back life was turning its back on me and now its embracing me. Ronald was broken, she said. What broke him? Can I fix him? I believe her. I believe that its going to be a tough job being with him, understanding him. Whatever he was afraid of, his fears, his secrets, I would not get scared of any of it. I decided to embrace him with all his flaws. Was I capable?

Was I enough?