Chapter Twenty-Six - Ivy

I woke up to the sound of Zane's voice and I glanced over my shoulder to see him standing at the door, shielding whoever was there from my eyes. Glancing out the window, I noticed the sun was setting and I sat up quickly, checking my phone to see what time it was. We'd been asleep almost all day.

"Who's out there, Zane?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey, Sis!" Jake poked his head in and his eyes widened before he grinned. "Why don't you get out here so you can see your favorite brother?"

My face heated in embarrassment. "Get out of my room, you freak!" I yelled, trying to laugh off my nerves. Zane chuckled as he shut the door and walked back across the room. He climbed up on the bed and leaned in toward me, taking my lips in a kiss. "Good morning, Ivy."

"I think you mean good evening." I smiled and returned his kiss.

"Yeah, we missed a few meals. We also have guests." He laughed and fidgeted with my hair. "You should probably brush your hair."

"Let's hurry up then. Knowing Jake, he's probably already found your video games and tried to play them."

"If he messed any of my things up, I can't promise he'll be able to walk away," he said, and I laughed.

"You might have fifty pounds on him, but I would put my money on my brother. He's been in Martial Arts since he was a kid, and then he moved on to boxing and things like that. Plus, he wrestled in school."

"I played sports. I put my money on me." He was confident.

"Okay, I'll make you a deal. If you take down my brother at some point today or tomorrow, I will promise-,"

"You have to get a tattoo." He cut me off, smiling. "If I take him down, you have to get a tattoo."

"What if he beats you?" I asked.

"Then I'll get a tattoo."

I started laughing. "Zane, you're covered in tattoos. You adding to them isn't that big of a deal."

"I'll get something that represents my love for you." He whispered, and my heart picked up speed.

"Really?"

"Yeah, really," he said. We'd only been married a few months. I knew it was fast to fall in love, even if the guy is technically your husband. The time it took to fall in love with Zane didn't matter to me, though. I wanted Jake to wipe the floor with Zane tonight so I'd have to see him get a tattoo symbolizing his love for me.

"Okay," I agreed. He smiled and sealed our wager with a kiss.

I showered and got dressed before bolting down the stairs and ran into the living room where I found my dad, Sandro, and Jake all looking at the television, trying to get a picture to come up.

"I told you it was a bad call," Zane whispered in my ear as he walked by and I rolled my eyes.

"Hi, Dad!" I said. He turned and I ran into his arms, squeezing him with all my strength. As much as I wanted to get away from where I'd grown up, I missed my family. When I lived with Pop and Gram, I would get to see my parents and siblings at least twice a month but I'd only seen them once since June. Being this far away from them was harder than I thought it would be.

"It's about time you woke up." Dad laughed. He walked over to Zane and pulled him into a hug, taking him by surprise. His eyes met mine over my dad's shoulder and I smiled encouragingly.

"How are you doing, Son?" he asked, letting him go.

"I'm good," he answered.

"Do you know how to get this thing to work?" Jake asked Zane and they joined Sandro at the TV. My dad came and sat beside me on the couch and pulled me into his side.