Prologue

Davina Alianovna

My family has been friends with the Moretti's also known as the Italian Mafia for years now. Our grandfather's have been best friends since the beginning and have been wishing to have a permanent alliance with each other by marriage, but unfortunately both sides wasn't blessed with a daughter, so when my parents found out that they were having a girl, they felt ecstatic and was already planning my wedding with one of the Moretti's sons.

I was around seven years old when my grandfather took my brother and I to Sicily to visit his best friend and also to finally meet his family.

I remember to be wearing black leggings and a pink jumper with a chiffon bow in the middle paired with some white sneakers and a small brown purse. We landed early in the morning and headed straight to their home.

The door opened and we were greeted by an old man with almost white hair and beard. He was tall and had a small beer belly, his eyes were bright blue as he smiled at my grandfather; both their eyes wrinkling as they both hugged. He turned to my brother who was holding my hand and ruffled his hair as he greeted us.

"This must be Davina." He looked at me grinning. "I haven't seen you since you were three, so you probably don't remember me." He chuckled.

"I'm Giovanni, your grandfathers best friend." He extended his arm to me.

"Hi" I greeted back, my voice was loud and clear as I shook his hand. He laughed lightly and gestured us to come in.

The house was big, with a giant chandelier in the middle of the living room that looks like no one uses, a bridge connecting the east and west side of the house was over the foyer where we were standing. The interior looked to be beautiful with golden furnitures and golden mouldings on the wall.

My brother and I walking hand in hand behind the two best friends as they talk and laugh, Giovanni's hand was over his friends as he pointed to where we were heading.

We entered a large room with divider walls dividing each small rooms that contains weapons of all kinds, gym equipments, computers, a ring in the far right corner and a large mat in the centre.

Two boys were training on the mat with each of their trainers. The smaller boy who looked to be around my age was sparring with his coach and miserably failing to dodge the hits thrown at him but is able to return the punches, he has light brown hair, round face, and a healthier physique with a round stomach peeking through his now soaked grey sleeveless shirt.

I turned my attention to the taller boy who was impressively dodging all the hits and is able to land several punches on his coach. He looked to be the complete opposite of his brother, while his brother was a lot more round, he was skinny and looked like a twig, he has darker coloured hair and thick eyebrows which were furrowed as he throws jabs on his opponent; his eyes were bright blue the same colours as the oceans which looked to be mesmerising.

Probably finally sensing our presence both brothers stopped and turned their attention on us.

"Can I eat now?" The light haired boy grunted, his back was slouching and looked to be tired and exhausted from training with his nose scrunched up and his tongue hanging out.

His grandfather chuckled as he pulled out a pack of m&m chocolates from his jacket and tossed it to his grandson. He cheered and both brothers walked towards us.