Chapter 7: Do you love him back?

Davina Alianovna

After a while Gavin finally let me go and a cough stole all our attention turning towards Killian, he was standing in front of the door his hands behind his back.

"Mr. White." My father acknowledged his presence and walked up to him extending his hand. Killian shook it and my father began talking again. "Thank you for saving my daughter." What now? Is he not gonna acknowledge the fact that I was also kidnapped? They don't even know each other that well why would he just believe him that fast, I mean yeah I believed him but that's only because he already told me of his intentions but even still I wouldn't exactly trust him. Not yet anyways. Killian welcomed my father and just smiled. They both excused themselves to his office where I suppose they're talking about his intentions, my grandfather following them.

After they left my mom gave me another hug and walked through the kitchen after asking me what I wanted to eat so she could prepare it.

Leo and I chatted for a while before I told him to finally take a bath because apparently he hasn't taken one since the party, Damien excused himself after making sure I wasn't hurt; Soon it was just Gavin and I still standing in the foyer. Gavin has been quiet and just kept staring at me so I started talking. "You okay there?"

He turned his gaze at me after his daze and cleared his throat. "Yea I am" he smiles. "Are you sure you're okay?" His eyes concerned.

I took a good look at him and noticed that he looked different. I nodded and placed the back of my hand on his forehead. "Are you? Your under eyes looks darker and you look like you lost a couple pounds." He chuckled at that as he grabbed my wrist and walked me towards the living room. We both sat on the couch facing each other. His elbows propped on his knees. "Are you sure okay? You look weird." I teased, but he didn't react to it which made me realise that he's serious right now.

"What does Killian want with you?" He started, I stared at him confused as to where he's going with this. "What did you guys do in New York? Why did he feel the need to save you and bring you to New York?" He continued.

I furrowed my brows and softened it after a few seconds. "He said he loves me." I stated, his brows started to furrow in confusion and anger; Weird.

"We went on a date yesterday." He stood up from this statement but I still continued confused. "He said he's gonna help us look for our killer." He rubbed his face with his hands then brushed his hair as if he's pulling it.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I stood by his side but he took a step back, he stared at me with his eyes blazing with frustration, anger, jealousy?

"Do you love him back?" His voice laced with disgust.

I stared at him profoundly before speaking. "Of course not! I only went out with the guy because he promised he'll help us look for our killer." I carefully approached him with my hand touching his forearm.

"Like how this marriage is just for an alliance." He whispered. "I get it." He walked out and started going up towards the guest room leaving me in the living room, lips parted confused and a bit mad at his attitude.

What the fuck is his problem? He's acting like a douche bag more so than usual. I went straight down the basement where our training grounds is and started shooting in the area.

Gun shots, gunpowder and smoke were filling the room as I hit all the targets never missing one. I don't know how much time has passed but I'd say I've been down here for probably an hour.

Whenever I get mad and can't kill the person who made me mad I always go down here to blow off some steam whether it's shooting, boxing, or any kind of training.