Finn XVII

It had been so long since I had played! I began to skim over a selection of music books and settled on an old opera tune. It was within my voice range and it looked complex enough, so I set it down on the piano and began to play.

The notes came to together like a one-woman orchestra as my fingers divided into harmonies. I felt compelled to sing while the sound engulfed me. The song introduced a second singer and I imagined myself being accompanied by another. One with the voice of a male prodigy, a phantom. I sang my heart out with my auspicious lover and our voices merged together to create a masterpiece.  A love like fire entered my lungs and began lifting me to heavens toward the sounds I had created. When I was finished, I left a light leave my body, but in a good way. It was travelling to the next musician. I opened my eyes and saw Leo standing in the doorway, shaking and pale, like a ghost. His eyes held mine for only a moment before he hightailed it and ran from the door.

"Leo?" I said.

I lifted off the piano bench and made haste toward the hallway. I turned a corner to see Piper, tapping her foot impatiently.

"I have been waiting for 20 minutes!" She shrieked. "What were you doing?"

"Something is up with Leo. We need to find him." I said, tugging her arm like a child in the direction of our room. Just them, Percy and Jason emerged from the elevator, wiping their faces with towels and laughing at something. They looked at Piper and I and immediately shut up.

"Sorry Piper, we got distracted." Said Jason.

"Ya, sorry about that." Said Percy. "Hey, have any of you seen Leo? He ran off a little while ago and we haven't seen him since."

Piper turned to face me, now visibly concerned.

"He probably went to his room. there's no where else he could go." I said and made way toward our hallway.

When we reached the door, Piper began to knock. "Open the door hot stuff. What's going on?"

We could hear Leo grab the handle on the other side. He swung the door open and took a stance. He was standing mere feet away from us, his hammer in flames at his side.

"It's her." He said in a dark voice. "She's the one."

"Leo, put down the damn hammer and chill out." Piper freaked. "What are you talking about?"

Leo looked up at me with terrified eyes. I sucked in a breath as he held my gaze

"It can't... it's not me." I said, barely above a whisper.

"I h-heard you." He forced. "I heard you and I felt like I was falling from the sky with nothing to grab onto."

"Finn, what did you do." Jason said and he turned to me.

"I was just... singing" I kept my gaze to the floor.

Piper quickly chimed in. "You idiots, Leo is talking about 'her voice will entrance you', he's talking about Finn's voice!"

"What do you do with her?" Said Jason.

"I'm right here, Jason. And you're not doing anything with me. If the prophesy is truly referring to me then we have to get started on the next step which is finding the weapon that will glow." Finn looked at Piper for support. Piper starred a moment and the. Cleared her throat.

"Right, I'll hit the books and see what I can find."

Jason broke in. "Can we eat something first? I'm starved."