Leo V

Finn held tight to my arm as the four of us walked through the woods.

"Jason," Piper squeaked. "What kind of a monster do you think it could have been? The one from Finn's childhood I mean."

"I'm not sure, but whatever it was it couldn't have been good."

I looked over at Jason. He had stopped. We did the same. Then we all saw her. It was Thalia. Jason turned white as he slowly let go of Piper's arm, drifting toward Thalia. She opened her mouth and spoke.

"Why have you come here, Jason?" Thalia backed away from Jason and disappeared behind a tree branch as she passed through it. Jason stumbled back and ran into Piper, trying to clutch her arm again, but she wouldn't touch him.

Finn held my arm tighter, portraying the image of a frightened child. I held her hand and comforted her. Although this situation was concerning. I drew my hammer with the other hand, as Piper and Jason did the same with their weapons.

At that moment, another figure emerged from the shadows. It was Jason! But he didn't look normal. He looked, dead. Jason approached Piper, his feet barely reaching the forest floor.

"Stay away from me!" She cried, adjusting her stance for a fight.

"Run away with me Piper, come away from this place and join me in paradise." Jason said with a low voice, obviously appealing to Piper as she too began to drift toward Jason.

"Piper!" Finn yelled. Jason screeched and disappeared into the evening fog.

By this time, the three of us had taken a battle stance. Finn backed away, detaching herself from my arm.

"Get behind me," I gestured to Finn to move behind and be ready. For the last time a woman wearing a cream-colored shirt covered in grease stains with dark blue overalls, rolled up sleeves and a dark braid hanging down her left shoulder, came from the trees. "Mom," I dropped my hammer and the wind blew, revealing her beautiful face.

"Leo." She said extending her arms. I ran toward her and embraced her.

"I missed you." I buried my face in her shoulders, muffling my voice.

"Leo listen to me. I do not have much time." Her eyes lit up, her skeleton glowed and she flashed in and out of place... like a tv.

"Her words will deceive you, her voice will entrance you, her face shows beauty, and her heart shows pain. She will be your soul's fate, for your soul she will take and your heart will burn with her."

Piper screamed and I swung around to see Finn fall to the ground. I rushed to her side along with Piper who attempted to wake her.

"Heed my warning!" I heard a snarl come from behind me.

"Leo, Piper!" Jason shouted. I snatched my hammer from the ground and turned to see a fox.

"Good evening, demigods." the fox spoke. It was a Kitsune. A monster that can take the form of any person, dead or alive, and deceive people or speak prophecy. It lunged at Piper first, clawing and snarling. She slashed its side with Katoptris. The fox howled and glared at Finn. He moved stealthily toward her lifeless body. Jason and I blocked the foxes path.

Piper jumped at the fox, causing it to leap onto me and Jason. Jason flipped his coin and swung his sword at the fox while I flung my hammer at its chest, killing the beast.

The two of us stopped and caught our breath,

"We need to get her to camp." Jason said glancing at Finn. I took Finn in my arms and hoisted her up.

Piper whistled and three pegasuses came down from the sky. I hopped up onto the pegasus with Finn still supported in my arms. We flew across the sky. I looked down at Finn. Her hair flowed across her face and onto my arms.

She was safe, for now.