33~ rekindled

Kai

"Why do you guys look to tired?" I asked as I sat with the boys for breakfast.

"We-" Noya and Hinata began.

"The trainings just catching up to us." Daichi cut them off.

"Okay..." I gave a confused look, feeling as though that wasn't the truth. "Well I'm going to get a drink. Can you make sure no one steals my food please?" I asked Kageyama as I was sat beside him.

"H-huh? Oh sure." He nodded.

"Who would steal your food!?" Tanaka and Noya gasped.

"*cough* you two *cough*" I smiled.

"WE WOULD NE-"

"You did it yesterday." Suga sighed.

"You ate most of her lunch too." Ennoshita added.

I laughed at them a little before heading off to get a drink.

__
Third person

The bickering over food continued on the table as Kai walked away.

Bzzt... bzzt... bzzt-

"Hm?" Kageyama hummed, picking up on the buzzing sound.

"What's the matter your highness? The food not to your liking?" Tsukishima teased.

"Is someone's phone ringing?" Kageyama asked, an irk forming at Tsukishima's remark.

"Hm... no?" Everyone looked around.

Bzzt, bzzzzt, bzzzzt

"It's still going..."

"Oh... I think I hear it now?" Ennoshita said, looking around.

"It must be Kai's. Turn it over to check. I'm sure she won't mind." Yamaguchi suggested.

"Hm." Kageyama nodded, flipping over the phone that was facing down on the table beside him.

"She's got a tonne of Tweeter notifications coming through." He explained.

"Not surprising. Her announcement tweet is probably blowing up."

"Ah-" Kageyama and the team were caught off guard as the phone began ringing.

"It's an unknown number."

"Should we answer?"

"It could be important-"

"Or just a prank call."

"Let's see-"

After the quick fire back and forwards about answering the phone, Sugawara quickly took it and answered it as it rung the final time.

Everyone was silent as they tried to listen, Suga waiting for the person on the end of the line to speak first.

"... Hello? Kaichin?"

"Kai...chin?" Sugawara responded, without thinking.

"Oh... Kise must have given me the wrong number... sorry-"

"Oh my god- remember the tweet?"

"One of the miracle dudes asked the pretty boy for Yamamura's info!" Tanaka stated.

"Shit- the purple one!"

"No! This is Yamamura's phone, sorry... she's just grabbing a drink-" sugawara replied in a frenzy.

"Hm? Who's on the phone?" Kai asked as she approached the group. It didn't bother her that they had taken the call, she knew they weren't going to do anything bad. She was just curious about who it was.