14~ deal.

Kai's PoV

Time for their second match. The time's 1:15, both teams have just made their way onto the court to warm up and prepare.

"GO GO LETS GO LETS GO DATEKO!"

The chants from our opposing team were echoing beside me. HOW LOUD DO THEY WANNA BE! WHY IS THEIR CHANT SO GOD DAMN CATCHY TOO!? GYAH WE NEED ONE! wait... I'M THE ONLY ONE WATCHING KARASUNO SPECIFICALLY!

The team were all in sync as they warmed up and if I'm honest, it kind of set me on edge. I could tell they were a strong team just by looking at them, not to mention I payed some attention to them playing their first round. They really live up to their nickname, 'iron wall of date'.

As they were warming up, Karasuno hadn't even moved yet.

"Oi! Don't let it get to you, get your heads in the game dorks!"

"Ah, right!"

-

"And so it begins." I muttered.

First up to serve was Date Tech. It went over swiftly and Daichi got the receive, Kageyama tossed the set for Hinata and he got ready to spike it.

"No way!" I muttered. The blockers were quick to move and leapt, carving up to Hinata. As he spiked the ball, it hit their hands but fortunately fell down on their side of the net.

That was a close one.

These guys clearly read block. They don't jump for a block until they've determined their opponents moves, it can easily startle people and make them panic when they spike. Luckily, Hinata was able to spike it with enough thought.

For the next point, Asahi went for a back attack. It was quickly blocked and unable to be saved. Naturally, that made Noya worry and apologise instantly for it, not wanting a repeat of the past. He assured him it was fine, but I have a good feeling it'll work. I believe they're strong enough to at least crack this iron wall if they give it everything they've got.

The game continued on, full of cheers for us, annoyed outburst of course and encouragement. We'd had a steady set so far and they weren't willing to let it go.

"You're so slow! We could have missed the game!" Someone complained as footsteps ran down the stairs behind me. I looked to my right as two mean appeared, leaning straight over the edge to check the game.

"Hurry up!" A girls voice called out from the left.

"I don't believe it! They're beating date tech!"

"The girls volleyball club." I muttered to myself.

"Uh, excuse me, you two are from the neighbourhood association team right?" I asked the two new men.

"Oh, thats right." A man with black hair nodded.

"Hey, aren't you that new mini coach of the team?" The other man with dirty blonde hair asked.

"That's me." I smiled, "Kai Yamamura."

"I'm Makoto Shimada." The black haired man with glasses introduced himself.

"I'm Yūsuke Takinoue, nice to meet ya." The other man smiled.

23-19 for us, Tsukishima's turn to serve.

"You know, I'm thinking if they keep this back and forward momentum going, Karasuno will take the first set." Shimada said.

"Uh! Nice one touch!" We cheered as Hinata blocked a spike from Date Tech. They quickly pulled off another quick and scored, taking them to set point.

"They're doing well... I still can't help but feel nervous though." I admitted.

The next play was a set to Asahi, his spike passing their blockers and heading to the libero. It was knocked out, giving us the final point.

"RIGHT ON!" The boys I'm the bench cheered.

"NICE ONE GUYS!" I yelled down as they celebrated.

After their break and conversation with the coach, the game picked up again.

Within a few minutes the score was already 1-1. I could already tell they were going for Asahi. They must want to be able to stop him emotionally as well as physically. Having a player loose spirit is a big deal for a team, it never usually ends well. There's something about Asahi today though. I can tell he's nervous but it's as though there's a certain spark inside him. The urge to beat them.

Despite my intense focus on the game, I couldn't shake the uneasy feeling behind me. It felt as though someone kept staring at me. I wasn't wrong either.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Kise sitting at the top of the seats, staring down at me. I was able to ignore it through the first set but now it's just irritating.

It's been months since I last saw him, and now he just wants to show up. I mean, I'll hand it to him, he's actually made the effort to come and talk to me. About what, I don't know yet. On top of that, he wasn't one of the worst changes in the group. I think he just changed cause he felt he had to after he saw the others.

A sigh left my lip and the two men beside me turned their heads to me, "I'm sorry. I'll be back in a few minutes." I apologised before walking up the steps. Kise was now looking away from me and didn't see me coming until I sat right beside him.

"Hey." I muttered as I faced forward.

"K-Kaichi!" He said a little surprised, "what about the game?"

"I can still see it enough from here. I felt bad leaving you like that back then so Whats up?"

"Heh... why are you the one feeling bad. It's the least I deserved..." he mumbled.

"Well, you've come all the way here from Tokyo. I assume you don't have bad intentions. It just kind of shocked me." I admitted, "You want to talk to me?"

"Well... yeah I just... I got here and I don't have the words I guess... it just, well I-"

"Calm down." I sighed with a small laugh, "Tell you what, I'll go get us some drinks. I'll be back in a few minutes and you can try and get your words out properly."

"Okay..." he nodded, sighing at himself.

I stood up from my seat and look over at the game. I spotted Sugawara giving me a confused and concerned look. I shook my head and gave him a small bow before putting my finger up to say I'll be back in a minute. He looked towards Kise and back at me before nodding and paying attention to the game again.

"Here." I handed him his drink and sat beside him again, checking the game. The score was 19-18. A close game... we all ready have he first set so I won't be that bad if we loose this one, but we better not. It'll shake the boys too much.

"It's not fair for me to take you away from the game. You should be there for your team, right?" He said after thanking me for the drink.

"Well... I can still hear you out." I said, looking back at him.

"Let me talk to you in a one on one!" He asked.

This took me back. I didn't expect him to be here at all, let alone ask me to talk during a one on one...

"I'm in no place to ask... but please..."

"Uh... okay." I nodded as I closed my eyes, "Why not."

"R-really?!"

"You asked! Why are you so shocked?!"

"Thanks..."

"There isn't really anywhere near here, but if you can wait and get some form of transport there, I go to Karasuno high. Wait for me at the gates and I'll come get you. We probably won't be back for a while though." I told him.

"That's okay." He nodded, "I'll see you then. Go and get back to your team."