25- games game and... more games.

A/n~ honestly thought it'd been more than a day since the A/N I posted but hey ho, guess I've only gone an extra day without posting, it's been three days since the last chapter but I've been able to get some things done. Idk what it was, my last 10 or so chapters had just been sitting in drafts waiting for me to post them but I didn't have the effort to write anything else but all my effort suddenly came back so here here~~

Kai's PoV

"Listen up!" The coach called. It's the second day of the training camp and I'm stood in front of the team alongside Takeda, coach Ukai and the other two girls here. "Today, our first match will be against Nekoma."

"Today will be the third set we play against Nekoma. Yesterday we played two and lost both." Kiyoko announced, "17-25 and 19-25."

"Meh, that just means we haven't won a set off them yet." The coach said, "if we calm down and give them all we've got, we should be able to give them a good challenge."

"Hey, deviant boys. This'll be your first set against these guys since our practice match, right?" I added, "go out there and rattle them up. But don't start shoving your heads too far up your butts. Hinata, I can already tell you're trying to size that newbie up. Lev Haiba." I called him out.

"H-huh no I-" He began to deny it.

"Show him what you're made of." I smirked, "uselessly hot headed people annoy me."

I began thinking back to when I used that line on Kagami, but it was under completely different circumstances.

"You got it!" He grinned.

With that, the whistle blew and they all ran onto court.

As they prepped to play, I looked up at the coach and narrowed my eyes. He gave me a confused look before I shook my head. "You look rough."

A vein popped on his forehead and the corner of his mouth curled in annoyance and I started the obvious, "why you... you've really become more comfortable talking to everyone as a coach since you joined, huh?"

I smiled at him, "well, all these guys are really easy to get along with. You too. You're not like a teacher either, you're just a seemingly down to Earth coach." I admitted honestly.

"Well uh... thanks?"

"Anyway, you look rough. But Takeda... he looks like death." I said, "you all go drinking last night?"

"How did you-"

"Oh my, the games starting let's watch!"

"Hinata's letting this get to him..." I said as I sat with the others.

"His head's all over the place." Kiyoko agreed.

"It's Nekoma's number 11." I said, resting my elbows on my knees, intertwining my fingers. "He's not the most skilled, but his height and long arms give him an advantage. His main goal is clear, and its to block Hinatas attacks. He won't stop until he does and that itself is ticking him off."

"His attitude to the game has changed too..." the coach said.

"I don't like the looks of this." I stated, keeping my focus on the bright orange haired boy.

"Huh?"

"He's getting greedy." I narrowed my eyes.

"I've got it!" Asahi claimed the spike as he ran towards the net.

"Crap." I muttered under my breath.

My eyes were still fixated on the short boy, his eyes flashing with an all too familiar look. He licked his lips and stared at the ball. As if nothing else was going on, he ran for the spike.