10~ good news.

Kai's PoV

"UARGHH!" Hinata moaned as I walked past his desk, startling me.

"Uh... you okay?" I asked him as he laid his head on the table.

"I still can't believe we lost to Nekoma..." he grunted.

"It just mean you have to improve. Don't dwell on it so much, that was 4 days ago too. You should really be focusing on practice. The Interhigh Preliminaries are right around the corner." I reminded him.

"Hngh. Right!"

"Plus, it was a close game. You were three points behind the first set and only 2 for the second one." I added.

"If Hinata can promise not to get too excited and freak out when we get to the Interhigh then we could have a chance of getting somewhere." Tsukishima remarked.

"Oi! Hm... I'm going. Kageyama and I are going to practice outside for a bit." Hinata said as he stood from his seat.

"Right then... bye." I laughed as he left the classroom eagerly.

As practice went on, I sat on the side observing where I needed to. Most importantly though, I was focusing on whats next. The Inter high Preliminaries. They start next month on June 2nd. They don't have a regional Prelim here, so its straight to prefectural. Only one team out of roughly 60 in a prefecture needs to proceed to the Nationals. Loose once, and that the end of it.

Everyone here is clearly eager to play Nekoma again, but that means getting to Nationals, assuming they will too.

The boys had stopped to cool off for a moment so I decided to go and have a quick word.

"Guys! I can tell most of you are eager to play Nekoma again, but that means we have to get to Nationals. In order to do that, you're going to have to prove yourselves. All of the teams in this prefecture still know you as 'the wingless crows'. Don't let them doubt you. Practice with everything you have and prove them all wrong." I smiled.

"Heh.. you're good with words kid." Daichi smiled.

"YEAH! YOU GOT IT!" Hinata exclaimed.

"We'll give it everything we've got!"

-

The sun had set and things were calming down, practice drifting to an end.

"That's so cool! The photo is huge!"

My attention was caught by Noya's voice as he sat with Tanaka and Suga, Asahi just walking over to them.

"Let me see." Asahi said.

I quickly made my way over there and looked at the group. Kageyama and Hinata followed before Hinata asked, "Huh? What's going on?"

"looky." Tanaka passed him the magazine, Kageyama and I looking over his shoulders.

"These guys are this year's three to watch high school boys! They've made Ushiwaka from Shiratorizawa one of them."

"That's the school that Kageyama didn't get into!" Hinata stated.

"SHUT UP!" He yelled back.

"Wait, you tried to get into Shiratorizawa?" I asked.

"hm..." he looked away sheepishly.

"Oh... thats pretty cool." I nodded.

"Anyway... who's Ushiwaka?" Hinata asked.

"You don't know?" Tanaka asked.