5~ training camp.

Kai's PoV

"YAMAMURA!!" A voice yelled, slowly coming closer and closer before a bright ginger haired boy appeared before my eyes.

"Oh, hey Hinata." I smiled, "Someone's excited."

"Mhm! Training camp starts after school!" He said as we continued walking towards the building, "I can't wait!"

"I can tell." I laughed.

"Plus, none of us have really had a chance to talk to you yet. I mean, Yamaguchi and Stingyshima have... i still can't believe you can put up with him!" He huffed.

"You mean Tsukishima?" I laughed again, "well... he doesn't say a lot, Yamaguchi usually ends up doing all the talking even if he doesn't reply. It's obvious he's listening though. I can't deny he's pretty salty too, especially from what I've seen during practices I've been to this week. Though, he's okay. We get along pretty well."

"He's tainted you!" He gasped.

"Dumbass." Another voice said before the boy walking beside me got hit on the head. I was confused before Kageyama appeared to my other side, muttering a quick hello.

"Ow!" Hinata whined.

"Are you as excited as he is for this training camp?" I asked the new arrival.

"I suppose so... I'm more looking forward to our practice game." He replied.

"I see. Better work hard this weekend then if you want to have a chance at beating them." I said.

"We can do it!" Hinata raised his fists in the air.

"I like the confidence, but it's going to take more that confidence. I did some research on the team and they're powerful."

"No surprise. They were dubbed 'the cats' due to their flexibility and solid receives." Kageyama stated.

"Thats right. Not only that, Nekoma is said to be Karasuno's destined rival. Their coach and this schools previous coach Ukai have had a long time competition, and I doubt their Coach Nekomata will be willing to loose anytime soon."

"Well we'll have to work hard this weekend!" Hinata said confidently.

"I hope you back up that hot-blooded attitude." I said bluntly.

"SEE! YOU SOUNDED LIKE TSUKISHIMA THEN! HE'S TAINTED YOU!"

As the school day came to an end, the team was gathered around in the gym. Coach Ukai stood at the front, the boys surrounding him and I stood beside Kiyoko with Takeda.

"Everybody here?"

"Yessir!"

"Right. We have four days until our practice match with Nekoma. Then after that will be the Interhigh Preliminaries. Time is short but we've got a whole lot of stuff to fix. If you sad-sacks expect to win, there's only one thing we can do." The coach stated. "Practice. Practice. Practice! I want you to keep receiving 'till you puke!"

"Right!" Hinata cheered, causing me to hold back my laughter. He's be pumped up all day, the teacher even had to excuse him for the toilet because he was so uneasy, she assumed he had to go.

With the talks done, practice had begun. Receives were first.

"COME ON! HOW MANY TIMES YOU GOING TO LET ME SCORE ON YOU?" The coach called out to Yamaguchi.

"Urgh... ONE MORE!" He cried out.

He's clearly eager to get the hang of things. He's got a strong will for this. However, I can't place my finger on what it is. He's obviously not just doing this as extra-curriculum, I feel as though he's trying to put himself out there... that's it, he's trying to have a greater presence. Though, I don't think he's doing it for other, if I'm right, it's for himself and I love that.