3~ An answer.

Kai's PoV

--

"Here goes nothing..." I told myself as I stood at the entrance of the gym. All that could be heard were the shouts from teammates inside, the squeaking of shoes and balls hitting the ground. I hadn't mentioned to Yamaguchi or Tsukishima that I was planning on showing up today, I ended up sitting with them again today. As salty and stoic as Tsukishima may be, he isn't all that bad. Then there's Yamaguchi, he's just too innocent for the world, I've only known him two days and my heart is his, like-

Anyway, back to reality. Here I am at the gym. Why am I so nervous? I'm just here to check out the team, I can just decline if I don't feel up for coaching. Get yourself together!

I walked up to the door and walked in, no one noticing me. I'm quite good with that, I guess my old friend's skill kind of rubbed off on me.

I looked around quickly until I spotted Takeda and another man standing observing practice. I quietly walked over to them, still not being noticed.

"Uh, hello Takeda-sensei." I caught his attention.

"O-oh! YOU CAME! Thank you so much, have you thought about what I had asked?" He asked straight away.

"W-well I was just planning to watch practice today and observe the team. Then I'll have a think."

"Okay!" He cheered, making me laugh at his enthusiasm, "Ah, coach. This is Kai Yamamura, she just transferred here from Tokyo. Yamamura, this is Coach Ukai."

"Nice to meet you." I bowed to the coach, "If you don't mind me asking, I assume you're related to the previous coach Ukai. The one that used to coach here when the school was known as a powerhouse."

"Ah, right. He's my grandfather." He nodded, "I only joined as a coach a few weeks ago."

"I see... so, is it true that this schools been known as the wingless crows, or the fallen champs, for a while now?"

"You know a lot about this team." Takeda smiles.

"Oh uh... I kind of did a bit of research on it yesterday." I blushed embarrassedly.

"So you're this well known young coach he's been talking about. Something about coaching the generation of miracles in Tokyo, correct?"

"Well I was. For some issues I had to quit coaching a few months ago. Then Takeda-Sensei met me yesterday to ask me to help and I've been considering starting again. It's a new sport and new team too, a good new start."

"I see... considering you used to coach basketball though, do you know much about volleyball?"

"I do. Both of my dads play professionally, I grew up learning basketball and volleyball." I said, casually mentioning the fact I have two dads. Usually people are shocked that I'm so calm about letting people know, but I don't see the big deal. Now days, it's more that the people against it are hated. Plus it helps me build a judge on character. If they're going to judge it and be petty about it, then I don't want anything to do with them. Simple as.

"Sounds good. Would you like me to call the team over now then?"

Well, I like him already. It didn't phase him at all, cool dude.

I simply shook my head to his question, "It's okay. I'd like to watch them play for a minute and make some notes first if that's okay with you?"

"That's fine. I'll let you get to it then."

I muttered a thanks and stood against the wall behind the two and watched closely, holding a notepad and pen.

I looked around at the players, trying to figure out who to observe first.