Chapter 20:

Ten minutes later, Recovery Girl walked in and healed Deku. We got ready and walked back to the dorms with Bakugo and Kirishima. We got there and were surrounded by the class again.

"They literally saw you guys yesterday. Give them a break." Todoroki said.

"Right."

"Sorry."

"My bad."

They all backed off and went back to the couches, still watching us.

"Okay. So. What's up?"

"What happened?"

"Well..." I looked away, "nothing, really. A little shaken up, but no injuries or anything." I smiled.

"Well that's good." Iida said.

"Yeah, it is."

"Well... I'm going to my room. I need to think."

"Okay... bye."

I walked to my room and curled up on my bed, looking at my fingers. I grabbed my phone and tried to use my quirk again. And again, it failed. A little time passed before there was a knock on the door, I got up and answered, seeing Deku.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey, wanna go get something to eat with me? I'm kinda bored, and want a break from them all staring..."

"Yeah, sure." I said, smiling.

I grabbed my bag and we walked out to the common room.

"We're going to get food. Be back later." I said.

"Okay, bye."

We walked out of the dorms, and away from the school campus. We went to a small place, five minutes from school.

"What's on your mind?" I asked as we got our food.

"Well... I'm gonna go."

"What?"

"I mean... you guys aren't safe with me there. I need to find a place to lay low."

"You can't be serious. I thought you decided against it."

"Yeah, That was before you were turned into a villain because of me. Before you got blood on your hands. Before you... before they took your quirk."

"Yeah. And it'll happen again. If you leave, they're going to use me as bait. You know that."

"Then... why don't you come with me?"

"I'm not dropping out of school. I'm sorry, Midoriya, but this is important to me. We can protect you if you stay at the dorms with us. Please."

"What if they come to kill me? What if even more people get hurt because of me?"

"We won't let anything happen to you. And we are all willing to take that chance. You know I'm right. Don't leave me. Not again. You can't keep doing this."

"I..." he sighed, "okay. I'll stay."

"Thank you."

"Has your quirk been working?"

I grabbed a fork and tried to use my quirk. "No." I replied.

"Damn it. It's been about a day now, right?"

"Yeah..."

"So the most recent wore off in a day and a half... maybe they were able to extend it... we'll have to wait and see, I guess..."

"Yeah, guess so."

We finished eating and paid. We walked back to the dorms, and only saw Asui, Kirishima, Denki, and Todoroki sitting in the main room.