Chapter 9

Jack screamed in pain as needles of dark sand penetrated his body. Pitch laughed manically as he watched his work unfold. The look of despair on Jack's face only egged him on.

Hiccup's hands twitched slightly as he pictured their location. He could feel large beads of sweat roll down his face at the effort. The man in the moon is slowly draining his energy, a small price to pay for his help. Nevertheless, he continued to transmit the messages until he was sure they knew where to go.

To cut the communication he balled his fist tight and closed his eyes. He felt the magic slip from his fingers as the glass-like bubble disintegrated. He tried not to focus on the pain forming in his chest due to extensive use of magic. Instead he focused on getting Jack out of this mess. Why did he suggest this? He had the exact same thing done to him all those years ago. Hiccup knew exactly what he was setting Jack up for. 

The small darkness Pitch had planted all those years ago seemed to flourish whenever Jack was near, as if he was some sort of catalyst jump starting his need to do evil. 

"Pitch that's enough." Hiccup commanded, stepping forward to assert some kind of dominance. 

"Why is that, boy?" His sneer could cut glass, but Hiccup stood strong.

"He is useless to us dead. This is more than enough torture don't you think." At this point Hiccup felt like he was repeating himself. Pitch had promised not to hurt the boy, but now Hiccup wasn't so sure. It was clear that the two had some sort of history.

"Hiccup stop." Jack whimpered trying to get up but failing miserably. Hiccup kept his stone faced expression but internally was screaming at himself to move, help him, do something.

"Shut it Frost. Hiccup's right, you are exactly where I need you to be. Now for stage two." 

'No no no no.' Hiccup looked around for something, anything to prolong the inevitable. Then out of the corner of his eye he saw it. A swirling portal sending of pink, green and white sparks. The guardians.

"Pitch incoming." Hiccup said, wishing he didn't have to betray them to keep his cover. But he had a plan and he was going to stick with it, despite putting people at a potential risk.

Pitch growled darkly and flew up on a cloud of dust. As soon as he was high enough Hiccup ran to Jack's side and helped him up.

"The guardians can handle this, I need to get you out of here." Hiccup picked Jack up and flew in the opposite direction the the fight. Jack didn't struggle, he was to weak. He leaned into Hiccup's embrace and felt himself drift into unconsciousness.

"Damn it Jack." Hiccup whispered in frustration as the body became heavier and heavier the deeper he fell into sleep. A light bulb seemed to go off in his head and Hiccup forced his magic out in front of him. It congregated in a swirling ball of gold.

"Berk!" Hiccup cried as he flew into the ball. The two vanished from sight, a bang following them. Pitch was momentarily distracted allowing the Guardians to strike a blow knocking Pitch unconscious.

"Back to Berk North." Bunny yelled over the ongoing eruption. North nodded and threw one of his portals ahead of the sleigh. The reindeer ran ahead into the colourful mess of light and they too were gone.

.

.

.

Ayy look at that! A fast update aha.